Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fuzzy patch on screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ToGGoT

ToGGoT

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 AM

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:21 AM

Hi guys,

I've had an Asus LS201 20" for a little over 3 years now (3-Year warranty FTW) which has just started to display an annoying issue.

After gaming for a while (Usually 2-3 hours) a tennis-ball sized fuzzy patch starts to appear about 3/4 of the way up the left hand side of the screen, and about 1" from the border. You can see through it, but the image is slightly blurred.

It continues to get more opaque as you continue to play, until eventually you have a semi-transparent grey blob, again, tennis ball sized on the screen.

Am running 1400x1050@60 resolution, and the two games i have particularly noticed the issues with are Fallout:NV, and Dead Island.

My thoughts are that its either the LCD, or the glass panel that is over the LCD is heating up (I dont THINK its condensation behind the screen, it doesn't look quite right for it). But any ideas/solutions are welcome. I would take the glass front off, but i cant figure out how to disassemble it without breaking the plastic.

Rig specs are:

Intel C2D E6600 @ 2.4ghz
3Gb DDR2 667
Gigabyte uAtx mobo (Cant remember offhand)
Asus 8800GT 512mb
550w PSU
Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit (Latest ServicePack, GPU + Chispet Drivers)

Any thoughts? Oh, and anyone who has managed to get the glass front off an LS201, please could you let me know how you did it?!

Cheers

ToGGoT

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:32 AM

Sounds like what's called "clouding".

You might want to get it checked at an ASUS service center, if you're not comfortable with diss-assembly. You'll end paying a lot less than you would for a new monitor.
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users