Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Form not working in Chrome, Safari

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 designer85

designer85

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:20 PM

I've created a form that a rental propety uses for its tennants to pay their bills. The customer enters the info, including the amount to pay, and must agree to a 3% processing fee. Once entered, the customer is taken to a secure form to enter the credit card info, which includes the amount, with the 3% already added.

This form works great in IE and FF, but some of their customers also use Chrome and Safari, and call them complaining that the form doesn't work.

The only issue I'm having is the dollar amount is not transferring to the secure form. Everything else transfers correctly.

Here is the link to the form: Form

Any help is appreciated! I'm not a javascript wizard, so this is about as far as I can take it on my own!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 AM

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:00 AM

Your HTML is not valid. Start there first. http://validator.w3.org/

#3 mr roman

mr roman

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:35 PM

have you tried running it yourself in chrome / safari?

also try without the "onsubmit" on your form tag. (optional but its best to rule it out early)

and are you 100% sure you named the input box for the amount properly? all of your other inputs have a suffix of UMbill<name> minus the dollar amount one. Try changing it to UMbillprice.

Edited by mr roman, 18 November 2011 - 12:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users