Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intel Active Management Technology Status

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bccsd

bccsd

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 AM

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:54 PM

When I turned on my laptop this morning, it initially booted fine. While reading my email, the system froze up, for some unknown reason. I turned it off and turned it back on. I got an error message that the atchksrv did not open after 60 seconds. I tried to close this error screen, but nothing happens. The cursor will not work when I click it. This is the intel active management technology status. I can only open the system in safe mode. I have run scan's with malwarebytes; microsoft essentials; avg2012. Nothing. Help! How do I fix this problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:30 PM

Hello and welcome to bleeping computer.
The first problem you have is running two antivirus software apps uninstall avg2012 then reboot your machine and see if it starts in normal mode then
Download CCLEANER the link below:

http://www.piriform....leaner/download

Just DONT us the registry cleaner function of CCleaner unless you know what you are deleting exactly!!

Then open ccleaner hit the tools button then startup second one down below uninstall then in the bottom right hand corner of ccleaner hit save to text file.Save it to your desktop and post the startup.txt here in your next reply.Also hit start run then type msconfig then hit the services tab then hit put a check mark in hide microsoft services what is listed there,after hiding microsoft services?

If it doesnt start in normal mode then follow the above instructions in safe mode with networking.

#3 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:52 PM

Link in last post broken
http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users