Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I'm in the market for some new desktop speakers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gorydragon

gorydragon

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:53 PM

The wire connecting the left and right speakers to my subwoofer requires wiggling around too often in order to transmit data to both of the speakers.
It's gotten really annoying, and I need new ones, but I don't know nearly enough about audio to know what I'm buying.

My current set is left and right speakers, and a sub under the desk. it only uses the single green auxiliary jack in the back, though there are 6 jacks that can be used.
I've really come to like the bass, so I think I want something that involves left and right speakers and a subwoofer.
Hardware volume control is important, and being able to individually control treble and bass levels would be very nice, but not totally necessary i guess.

Frankly, left, right and sub, volume controls, good bass support, and not too expensive.
I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a $20 set and a $120 set online myself, so I'll be very thankful to anyone who's got this sort of knowledge themself, and i swilling to help.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:25 PM

Posting your computer model would help and the audio activites related. An average user that plays usually music files and video would normally purchase a 30 to 50 bucks of speakers. Sometimes testing them firsthand on electronic or computer shops would be better.

Tekken

#3 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:20 AM

The front+rear+subwoofer setup is classified as a 2.1 Speaker system.

Here's something you can consider:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836121036
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users