Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows me

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 d808o

d808o

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 03 November 2004 - 03:03 PM

My computer system resource is at 32% and i was told to get it up near 75% but i am not sure how to do this. I recently but in new spyware and virus protection and checked for updates but it seems my computer is slow when my dsl hooks up to the internet and loading pages.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 03 November 2004 - 05:37 PM

Count your icons down near your clock. You prob have a lot down there. Does your pc take a long time to start up? If so you got to many programs that start up when your pc does. How much ram do you have in it? Easy way to tell if you dont know is goand right click my computer/properties/and on that menu or on another tab it should tell you.

If you have to little of memory for your programs they will be trying to steal what you have from each other. Since your resources are so low you either have to much in the background running ot too little of ram.

You could exit out the programs that you dont need running by right clicking the icons next to the clock and hitting exit or close. But when you restart they will be back. Hope I have helped. I will wait for your reply.
Thanks

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 03 November 2004 - 08:17 PM

You might find this article, "Running ME Well," helpful:

http://www.burzurq.com/forum/trevtweak.html

And this article on System Resources:

http://www.windows-help.net/techfiles/win-resources.html

Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users