Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hacked With Something I Can't Figure Out What

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 DonnieB

DonnieB

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 29 January 2006 - 08:07 AM

Hello all.

This is my first post as you can tell, so I hope I don't mess this up too bad. I can handle computer problems well enough that most people ask me for help. Now that is not saying that much, I haven't come up against anything all that hard until now. I am hopping that it is not all that hard to fix, and I am just ignorant of this particular problem. So here goes:

I think I may have let a Backdoor in thinking it was an MSN Messenger notification. I am, for the most part, very careful of this type of allowance due to the fact that Backdoors use instant messengers for access quite allot. This one looked good and I allowed it.

I then noticed some problems with my MSN and my computer not shutting down when given the turn off or restart command. Just like something was running that will not close. I have seen that before and it’s a good indicator of something running that shouldn't be. So I looked at my Norton Internet Securities Program controls and found four programs that I didn't know what they were and the names are suspicious. GLB18, GLB2A, GLB34, and GLBE. I then attempted to block their access and it locked Norton up. The window would not close and task manager could not close it as well.

I then attempted to do a system restore. No dice. I get the message “your system could not be restored to this restore point. No changes have been made to your computer". I then attempted three other restore points and got the same thing.

I attempted to open Control Services in control panel, admin services, and it locks the computer totally.

MSN and Yahoo both will not work at all or will freeze if I activate a web cam. Sometimes I can connect, but for the most part it’s a no go. As far as the rest of the internet, it works. That is a no brainer as I am posting here. LOL

I can update Norton, but I cannot update windows. It locks the computer if I attempt it. I attempted to run Spybot Search and destroy, but I can't update that either. It locks the program. I have run house call as requested by this site as well as Norton anti-virus 2005, Ad-aware, McAfee Stinger, and Microsoft’s Anti-spyware. All of these found nothing. I couldn't get the new version of McAfee Stinger to download correctly, so I had to use the one that is downloaded from CNet, sorry don't remember the version. It was not very old and it checked for 47 different types of objects.

I have ordered the PC tools registry mechanic, but I haven’t run the full version as of yet. I have to reorder it for some reason. I am currently in Afghanistan. I am an active duty Marine and a little busy, but I would like to use my computer to see and talk to my family. I do appreciate any help that you can give me. Sorry I don't have more info then this, but was all the stuff that I can think of to do short of formatting. I am willing to do that, and my wife has sent the disks I need for my computer.

My system is and Alienware 51-m.

3 GHz Pentium 4
1 gig ram
60 gig HD
Invidia Geforce go 6800

THis is the Hijakthis report:
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 4:24:47 AM, on 1/29/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ISSVC.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\AlienGUIse\wbload.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\jusched.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Sony\SONICS~1\SsAAD.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LVCOMSX.EXE
C:\Program Files\Logitech\Video\LogiTray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\mHotkey.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\Video\FxSvr2.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasDtServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\AlienAutopsy\TEKS_Service.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\slserv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SSScsiSV.exe
C:\Program Files\AlienAutopsy\Test_BS.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://g.msn.com/0SEENUS/SAOS01?FORM=TOOLBR
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://g.msn.com/0SEENUS/SAOS01?FORM=TOOLBR
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://g.msn.com/0SEENUS/SAOS01?FORM=TOOLBR
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.thq.com/
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: CInterfaceObj Object - {58F07DD3-924D-4141-BC74-299F523A95F1} - C:\WINDOWS\pxwma.dll
O2 - BHO: CNisExtBho Class - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: CNavExtBho Class - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton Internet Security - {0B53EAC3-8D69-4b9e-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SsAAD.exe] C:\PROGRA~1\Sony\SONICS~1\SsAAD.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PtiuPbmd] Rundll32.exe ptipbm.dll,SetWriteBack
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LVCOMSX] C:\WINDOWS\system32\LVCOMSX.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogitechVideoTray] C:\Program Files\Logitech\Video\LogiTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogitechVideoRepair] C:\Program Files\Logitech\Video\ISStart.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut] HDAudPropShortcut.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasServ] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CHotkey] mHotkey.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlienAutopsy] "C:\Program Files\AlienAutopsy\Test_BS.exe" -h
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcWzrd] ALCWZRD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [LogitechSoftwareUpdate] "C:\Program Files\Logitech\Video\ManifestEngine.exe" boot
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Logitech Desktop Messenger.lnk = C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\LDMConf.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\npjpi150_04.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\npjpi150_04.dll
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YPager.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YPager.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {70E6E083-6690-4129-A34D-F90094EEB4ED} (AWCVoiceClient Control) - http://www.anywebcam.com/awc/html/voice/voice.ocx
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WB - C:\Program Files\AlienGUIse\fastload.dll
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Proxy (ccProxy) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: ISSvc (ISSVC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ISSVC.exe
O23 - Service: MSCSPTISRV - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\MSCSPTISRV.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: PACSPTISVR - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\PACSPTISVR.exe
O23 - Service: ProductivIT Service (ProductivITService) - DynTek, Inc. - C:\Program Files\AlienAutopsy\TEKS_Service.exe
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: SmartLinkService (SLService) - - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\slserv.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Sony SPTI Service (SPTISRV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SPTISRV.exe
O23 - Service: SonicStage SCSI Service (SSScsiSV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SSScsiSV.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe

Thanks for looking, I will respond to any emails as soon as I can. But if you don't hear from me for a day or three, I am probably out doing something for the goverment, or the internet is just down again. LOL

Thanks,
Don

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pskelley

pskelley

• Members
  • 1,487 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 AM

Posted 01 February 2006 - 12:05 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum. I must admit I do not see much in this log, there is this: O2 - BHO: CInterfaceObj Object - {58F07DD3-924D-4141-BC74-299F523A95F1} - C:\WINDOWS\pxwma.dll
Which is: CInterfaceObj Object {58F07DD3-924D-4141-BC74-299F523A95F1} X BHO pxwma.dll WebDir adware Symantec information: http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data...are.webdir.html but little else visable. I was going to pass on to the next log when I saw you are away from home protecting my butt while I enjoy the fruits of your labor. I am very proud of you and I do not know if I can fix your problem, but I am going to do my very best. Thank you, Sir!

Since I can see little, I am going to ask you to scan with some tools to see if anything is hiding in the bushes. Please do this in the posted order.

1) Download, update, configure and run these two programs: http://tomcoyote.org/aawsb.php
The newest version of Ad-aware is 1.06 and Spybot 1.04. Even if you have these programs, use the link to get the newest version, update and configure them as in the link. Run Spybot first, reboot then run Ad-aware. Both programs back up what they remove so delete anything the programs say should be removed.

2) Ewido scan:
Please download Ewido Security Suite it is a trial version of the program.
  • Install ewido security suite
  • Launch ewido, there should be an icon on your desktop double-click it.
  • The program will now go to the main screen
You will need to update ewido to the latest definition files.
  • On the left hand side of the main screen click update
  • Then click on Start Update
The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update Ewido.
Ewido manual updates

Once the updates are installed do the following:
  • Click on scanner
  • Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
  • NOTE: During some scans with ewido it is finding cases of false positives.**
    • You will need to step through the process of cleaning files one-by-one.
    • If ewido detects a file you KNOW to be legitimate, select none as the action.
    • DO NOT select "Perform action on all infections"
    • If you are unsure of any entry found select none for now.
  • Once the scan has completed, there will be a button located on the bottom of the screen named Save report
  • Click Save report.
  • Save the report .txt file to your desktop.
Now close ewido security suite.
**(Ewido for example has been flagging parts of AVG Anti-Virus, pcAnywhere and the game "Risk")

3) Open HijackThis and choose "Do a system scan only" then check the box in front of these line items:

(optional but suggested, the first three lines. Click them to see what they are)

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://g.msn.com/0SEENUS/SAOS01?FORM=TOOLBR
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://g.msn.com/0SEENUS/SAOS01?FORM=TOOLBR
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://g.msn.com/0SEENUS/SAOS01?FORM=TOOLBR
O2 - BHO: CInterfaceObj Object - {58F07DD3-924D-4141-BC74-299F523A95F1} - C:\WINDOWS\pxwma.dll
Adware.WebDir

Close all programs but HJT and all browser windows, then click on "Fix Checked"

Enable hidden files&folders..reverse the process when finished.
http://www.xtra.co.nz/help/0,,4155-1916458,00.html

RIGHT Click on Start then click on Explore. Locate and delete these items:

C:\Windows\Prefetch\ >>> delete everything in this folder (NOT THE FOLDER)
Prefetch info: http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_...refetch-XP.html

If you don't have a good cleaner, use this one with these instructions:
Download CCleaner from this link: http://www.ccleaner.com/ Review the instructions http://www.ccleaner.com/help/tour1.asp
Run CCleaner, Windows & Applications when you run the registry cleaner (Issues) you will be prompted to backup before you can remove stuff, make sure you do.

Restart the computer and post the ewido scan results and a new HJT log along with any comments you have and any feedback you think will help.

Please read about this: O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE here: http://castlecops.com/startuplist-5306.html you may want to remove just that file to stop that practice.

I am also going to give you this: http://webmessenger.msn.com/ if you have folks who may not know how to download, but they have a hotmail password, then can use the Webmessenger without downloading anything, just open it and sign in. Some features, like the camera might not work. If you use it make them aware they need to allow a popup for the chat window or it won't work. Override the popup blocker for the one site.

Thanks...pskelley
BleepingComputer.

Edited by pskelley, 01 February 2006 - 12:06 PM.

MS-MVP Windows Security 2007-08
Proud Member ASAP
UNITE Member 2006

#3 DonnieB

DonnieB
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2006 - 02:58 AM

PSKelley,
Thanks for looking at my problem here. I have done all the steps that you asked in order with one exception. I attempted to update Spybot and it locked up. Not just the server is busy type of lock up, I think, because I let it go for about three hours. Our connection is slow here in Afghanistan, but not that slow.

The only other thing that I didn't get was a new Hijackthis report from the first time you told me to do it. With the scan only thing you get a new report, so I restarted and did another one and here it is:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 11:52:35 PM, on 2/4/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ISSVC.exe
C:\Program Files\AlienGUIse\wbload.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoguard.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\jusched.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Sony\SONICS~1\SsAAD.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LVCOMSX.EXE
C:\Program Files\Logitech\Video\LogiTray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\mHotkey.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\AlienAutopsy\Test_BS.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\AlienAutopsy\TEKS_Service.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasDtServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\slserv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\Video\FxSvr2.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SSScsiSV.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.thq.com/
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: CNisExtBho Class - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: CNavExtBho Class - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton Internet Security - {0B53EAC3-8D69-4b9e-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SsAAD.exe] C:\PROGRA~1\Sony\SONICS~1\SsAAD.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PtiuPbmd] Rundll32.exe ptipbm.dll,SetWriteBack
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LVCOMSX] C:\WINDOWS\system32\LVCOMSX.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogitechVideoTray] C:\Program Files\Logitech\Video\LogiTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogitechVideoRepair] C:\Program Files\Logitech\Video\ISStart.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut] HDAudPropShortcut.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasServ] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CHotkey] mHotkey.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlienAutopsy] "C:\Program Files\AlienAutopsy\Test_BS.exe" -h
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcWzrd] ALCWZRD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [LogitechSoftwareUpdate] "C:\Program Files\Logitech\Video\ManifestEngine.exe" boot
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Logitech Desktop Messenger.lnk = C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\LDMConf.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\npjpi150_04.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\npjpi150_04.dll
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YPager.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YPager.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {70E6E083-6690-4129-A34D-F90094EEB4ED} (AWCVoiceClient Control) - http://www.anywebcam.com/awc/html/voice/voice.ocx
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WB - C:\Program Files\AlienGUIse\fastload.dll
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Proxy (ccProxy) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoguard.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: ISSvc (ISSVC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ISSVC.exe
O23 - Service: MSCSPTISRV - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\MSCSPTISRV.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: PACSPTISVR - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\PACSPTISVR.exe
O23 - Service: ProductivIT Service (ProductivITService) - DynTek, Inc. - C:\Program Files\AlienAutopsy\TEKS_Service.exe
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: SmartLinkService (SLService) - - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\slserv.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Sony SPTI Service (SPTISRV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SPTISRV.exe
O23 - Service: SonicStage SCSI Service (SSScsiSV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SSScsiSV.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe

and here is the ewido report:

ewido anti-malware - Scan report
---------------------------------------------------------

+ Created on: 11:13:26 PM, 2/4/2006
+ Report-Checksum: 10425A47

+ Scan result:

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\temp stuff\Norton Internet Security 2005 Keygen.exe -> Dropper.Delf.fd : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\temp stuff\noton\Norton Internet Security 2005 Full\KEYGEN\Norton Internet Security 2005 Keygen.exe -> Dropper.Delf.fd : Cleaned with backup

::Report End

I hope this is okay. I am sorry that it took so long to get back to you. But like I said, we are a little busy over here. LOL

Thanks a bunch!

DonnieB

#4 pskelley

pskelley

• Members
  • 1,487 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2006 - 06:15 AM

Hello DonnieB, Clearwater, Florida EST 5:14 AM. Shame about Spybot, it is a good free program. Since updates were the problem, see this information: http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=345&postcount=2 If you are getting this "Bad Checksum" change to another download site. This has been a glitch since this new version was released. You will have to register free and sign in to see the attached image. I hope this helps, let me know if time permits.

With the scan only thing you get a new report

Right, always choose "Do a system scan and save a logfile" then wait until HJT produces the logfile for you. Choose Edit then Select All and it will highlite all text for ease of copy/pasting to the thread. The second scan only is for when you are going to proceed with removing items from the bottom half of the log. There is a process manager in "Open the misc tool section" if you ever need it. HJT is a nice tool, just be careful with it, it is loaded.

ewido anti-malware - Scan report Created on: 11:13:26 PM, 2/4/2006
No surprises here, except that the item: Keygen.exe -> Dropper.Delf.fd : Cleaned with backup showed in NIS, hope that was a quarantine, here is the Google on the item. Also the fact that it is extremely rare to find a ewido scan report this clean on the first run. You have excellent control over your cookies.
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navc...&q=Keygen%2Eexe

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 11:52:35 PM, on 2/4/2006
HJT is showing no malware, so with the clean ewido report, it is very unlikely we are dealing with any malware.
I do have these few items to give you feedback on.

Ewido is a great program but it does use some resources. Once the trial is over you can update and use the scanner for as long as you wish, but unless you purchase it you should turn it off completely so it does not run unless you start it manually.

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE: http://castlecops.com/startuplist-5306.html if you remove this, make sure you only remove the file highlited in red. It should be in C:\Windows\ and anything else remove would effect the sound card.

http://castlecops.com/startuplist-1908.html The Desktop Messenger is using resources and if you don't use it, it came onboard with other Logitech products and could not have been installed without agreement of the EULA. You can uninstall this if you wish, your call.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=210875 may not be needed, I'll let you read and call that one also.

Since your logs are very clean, here is some great information from Tony Klein, Texruss, ChrisRLG and Grinler to help you stay clean and safe online:
http://boards.cexx.org/viewtopic.php?t=957
http://russelltexas.com/malware/allclear.htm
http://forum.malwareremoval.com/viewtopic.php?t=14
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/

I am not quite sure how to proceed, if you perhaps download the new msnim 7.5 Beta, it may be causing you issues? Look at the version number under Help/About MSNIM at the top of the chat windows or msnim console. See if you can't provide me with more information also. You might run a free diagnostic here: http://www.pcpitstop.com/ and you can get feedback here: http://pcpitstop.invisionzone.com/index.php?showforum=6 and even post a link to me here: http://pcpitstop.invisionzone.com/index.php?showuser=24733
Let me know if we helped any with out work, and since this appears to be a troubleshooting issue, give me as much information as possible, especially any error messages "word for word" and I wil see if I can do more.

Here are links to other ideas that may help.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/commun...s/IEtopten.mspx
http://vlaurie.com/computers2/Articles/runbetter.htm
http://www.linkgrinder.com/tutorials/10_Ea...rs_article.html

Thanks...pskelley
BleepingComputer
If you are reading this information...thank a teacher,
If you are reading it in English...thank a soldier.
Proud Member ASAP
UNITE Member 2006

#5 DonnieB

DonnieB
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2006 - 10:54 AM

PSKelley,
Thanks for all the help! I am up and running again thanks to you. I found the pxwma.dll and killed it. It took a little navigating through the registry, but I got all of it I think. At any rate, I have MSN running again and norton seems to be working correctly. Too Cool.

I killed the dropper after I sent the report, but thanks for the heads up. I control cookies manualy, a little tedious, but it is worth it in my opinion.

A special thanks to bleepingcomputer.com: this sight has been a big help everytime I need it. Thanks for doing what you all do.

Semper Fi!

Gunnery Sergeant B
USMC (Active) from Afghanistan

A little quote from Ronald Reagan: "Some people go their whole lives wondering if they have made a differance, U.S. Marines don't have that problem"

The way I see it, you guys don't have that problem either. Thanks again!

#6 pskelley

pskelley

• Members
  • 1,487 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2006 - 11:07 AM

Gunnery Sergeant B...thank you for the kind words. If there is anything I can do to help you stay in touch with friends and family, just let me know:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/member724.html
Stay safe, both online and on the ground.

Phil Skelley
BleepingComputer
:thumbsup:
Proud Member ASAP
UNITE Member 2006

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users