Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

using malwarebytes full version

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 sniper8752

sniper8752

• Members
  • 385 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:48 AM

would you buy the full version of malwarebytes? i found it for $10, and am not sure whether or not i should buy it...

Edit: Moved topic from All Other Applications to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 AM

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:11 PM

It's an excellent program and 10 bucks (if it's a legal deal) is a steal.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,758 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 AM

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:42 PM

The full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Pro) includes a real-time Protection Module that uses advanced heuristic scanning technology to monitor your system and the ability to schedule updates. This technology runs at startup where it monitors every process and helps stop malicious processes before they can infect your computer. Keep in mind that this feature does not guarantee something will not slip through as no product can detect and prevent every type of malware. The database that defines the heuristics is updated as often as there is something to add to it. Also keep in mind that Malwarebytes does not act as a real-time protection scanner for every file like an anti-virus program so it is intended to be a supplement, not a substitute.

IP Protection (malicious website blocking) is part of the Protection Module and works after it is enabled. When attempting to go to a potential malicious website, Malwarebytes will block the attempt and provide an alert. IP Protection is also designed to block incoming connections it determines to be malicious. Enabling the Protection Module feature requires registration and purchase of a license key that includes free lifetime upgrades and support. After activation, Malwarebytes can be set to update itself and schedule scans automatically on a daily basis. The Protection Module is not intrusive as the program utilizes few system resources and should not conflict with other scanners or anti-virus programs. If any conflicts between Malwarebytes and another security program are reported, suggested solutions are usually provided in the Common Issues, Questions, and their Solutions, FAQs thread.

As Broni said it's an excellent program and 10 bucks (if it's a legal deal) is a steal.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 chromebuster

chromebuster

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:15 PM

I've wanted to do that for a long time, but the support staff of both GFI and Eset (I use both on my different computers because I still have licenses hanging around with Eset on my Laptop), tell me that the realtime protection module must be disabled on malwarebytes in order to avoid conflicts. So much for having a supplament, right?

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,758 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:23 PM

I have been using Eset with Malwarebytes' real time protection module for years without any issues or conflicts.

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,765 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:47 PM

I have been using Eset with Malwarebytes' real time protection module for years without any issues or conflicts.

+1

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#7 sniper8752

sniper8752
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 385 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:49 PM

hope its ok if i got a bit off-topic here, but is eset any good? right now i use microsoft security essentials.

#8 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:57 PM

Where did you find it for $10 ?

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#9 utopian86

utopian86

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 PM

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:47 PM

can malwarebytes replace the antivirus?
I used to have kaspersky yearly subscription but the price keep going up. :(
Hoping for malwarebytes can replace kaspersky totally.

#10 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,758 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:15 PM

hope its ok if i got a bit off-topic here, but is eset any good? right now i use microsoft security essentials.

Yes it's good and I recommend Eset often if choosing a paid for program as it leaves a small footprint, meaning it is not intrusive and does not utilize a lot of system resources.

can malwarebytes replace the antivirus?

No. It is an anti-malware tool intended to supplement your anti-virus, not replace.

#11 Winterland

Winterland

• Members
  • 995 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:38 AM

sniper, where did you find the malwarebytes for 10 dollars? << If you don't feel like that answering that question, I understand.

As for the question in the OP, my answer is 'yes!' I purchased the PRO version several months back and it's works great, esp. when I'm out and about recklessly clicking my way through the net. I brought mine through Malwarebytes website, so I paid the full 24.95, but remember, that a one-time fee, which I consider to be a pretty good deal.

As for the possible AV conflict, I've been using MBAM along with Avast! and they seem to be working well together.

uptopian86, have you seen the list of Free Anti-Virus apps out there? Avira, Avast, MSE - one of these should help you replace the kaspersky, and that's just a small selection of what's really available.

Hope that helps.

Winterland

Photobucket removed my cool flag - idiots!

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.

#12 sniper8752

sniper8752
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 385 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:53 AM

i found it in a special advertised in an e-mail from circuit city. i actually missed the $5, but for $15, its still a steal.

#13 Winterland

Winterland

• Members
  • 995 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:00 AM

I would buy it, esp. at that price.

Thanks for the info.

Winterland

Photobucket removed my cool flag - idiots!

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.

#14 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,765 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:31 PM

For anyone else looking for a deal on Malwarebytes: http://www.circuitcity.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=656479&CatId=985

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#15 chromebuster

chromebuster

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:31 PM

Do you think that the support staff of mainstream AV firms telling you to disable the realtime protection module of MBAM just has to do with what they have to say per the scripts they read from? That's why I would never be in the support business. I hate receiving and giving scripted responses with a passion.

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users