Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Web Browser do you use and why (poll)

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

Poll: What Web Browser do you use and why (poll) (59 member(s) have cast votes)

What Web Browser do you use and why (poll)

1. Opera (4 votes [6.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.78%

2. Mozilla Firefox (27 votes [45.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.76%

3. Safari (1 votes [1.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.69%

4. Internet Explorer (9 votes [15.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.25%

5. Google Chrome (14 votes [23.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.73%

6. Netscape (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Voted Other (4 votes [6.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.78%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 David Ashcroft

David Ashcroft

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:20 AM

Hi everyone, i am sure a poll like this has been made in the past. However i need to get an up to date idea of what web browsers people use and why for an assignment i am doing.

It would be great if you could also write why you prefer and use the web browser you use compared to other browsers as this will help me with my assignment.

Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wignall6

wignall6

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:24 AM

Google Chrome

Because of the speed.

#3 onecandavid

onecandavid

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 AM

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:32 AM

i voted but im a bit drunk

#4 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,493 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:32 AM

Google chrome by far is my favorite on machines that cannot handle the new firefox. But chrome I find is soo much simpler and easier to use than firefox.
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#5 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 1,069 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 PM

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:00 PM

Please revise this poll. I use FOUR browsers.

Internet Explorer - because it seems complete enough, is fast enough, and the Favorite Places system is very good, and the Norton Toolbar works in it.

Firefox - because the Norton Toolbar works in it, and selecting and managing plugins and extensions is easy. Generally it is fast enough.

Pale Moon - because it is easier on computer system resources than IE and Ffx. It seems much like Ffx, but does not work with Norton Toolbar.

Chrome - (I do not use it as often as the other three) - A little faster than IE, Ffx, PlMn, easier on resources than IE, Ffx, PlMn, and plays Youtube Videos and opens PDF files within while not requiring installing any add-ons.

#6 4dude

4dude

• Members
  • 578 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 PM

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:10 PM

I use IE6 with MyIE2 in front (I use MyIE2 for my surfing (It uses the IE6 engine))

I use it because i value my privacy preobably more than anyone here....

I dont trust ANY NEW SOFTWARE,especially from MICROSOFT.. They have become quite intrusive into peoples lives and no one can say 100% thier newer stuff IS NOT SPYING ON PEOPLE!!

Besides i think IE6 is the last GOOD looking version of IE (Even though i hardily ever use IE directly)

Edited by 4dude, 04 November 2011 - 10:10 PM.

#7 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2011 - 04:51 AM

IE6 is not recommended. It is obsolete and insecure. Many sites including Youtube will not work with it anymore.

#8 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,493 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:46 AM

Yeah I most likely can speak for everyone on BC with this one, We really don't recommend the use of old and outdated software Especially browsers, Its more about security than usability, IE6 has some major flaws in security and is easily exploited. Also many sites including all google services are/already do not support and will not work on IE6 or even IE7.
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#9 GreenSocks

GreenSocks

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:02 AM

iam using firefox 7.0.1, in my view firefox is very secured and also lot of plugins makes things very easy.

#10 4dude

4dude

• Members
  • 578 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:13 AM

IE6 is not recommended. It is obsolete and insecure. Many sites including Youtube will not work with it anymore.

You tube works fine for me :)

#11 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:34 AM

That's not the point. It's just an example. The point is you have to ditch IE6 or you'll catch something that you won't be able to get rid of. Stubbornness is not a virtue.

#12 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,719 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:17 PM

Right now the browser favorite flavor of the week is Firefox 8.0, and I like it so much that I will stick with it for more than a week. Last week it was IE9. The week before that it was Opera.
To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

#13 DonnaB

DonnaB

Bleepin' Ailurophile

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 2,430 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:55 PM

I use Firefox 7.0.1 (at the moment, 8 is a click away) for the add-ons! I finally got an add-on to make the add-ons compatible! LOL How 'bout that. :crazy:

If anyone can point me to a browser that has an add-on like the malware search add-on for Firefox I'd be more then willing to try it. That add-on is a must for me at this time.

WOW! Like the emoticons on this site. :grinner:

A cat named ugly

Proud parent of a young Man who devotes his life to the U.S.Navy

Graduate of GeekU Malware Removal training program

"To achieve the impossible, it is precisely the unthinkable that must be thought." ~ Tom Robbins

"Once I knew only darkness and stillness... my life was without past or future... but a little word from the fingers of another fell into my hand that clutched at emptiness, and my heart leaped to the rapture of living." ~ Helen Keller

#14 a_cup

a_cup

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:04 AM

Google Chrome for speed and less hassles

#15 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,719 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2011 - 01:17 AM

Google Chrome for speed and less hassles

I had that for a while, but it kept freezing my computer. So I had to show it the door. It was nice while it was working properly.
To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users