Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

If you could create a Windows program, what would it be?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 alpha4345

alpha4345

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 AM

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:05 AM

Hello guys!

(I'm not sure I'm in the right section, but let's give it a try...)

You know, there are a lot of things missing in Windows... And guess what: I'm missing of ideas for an oral presentation in college!

So if you could create ANY program on Windows, what would it be?

Let your imagination go!

Comment below.

Edited by hamluis, 03 November 2011 - 07:58 AM.
Moved to Gen Chat.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,861 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:58 AM

<<You know, there are a lot of things missing in Windows...>>

Such as?

Since you posted in the Win 7 forum...am I to assume that you have a list of items which are lacking in Win 7...that you believe should be incorporated in a particular version of Win 7?

An operating system is merely intended to provide the basic tools for a user...to install/use the programs of choice. It is the programs installed by the user, a very personal choice...that determine what specific functions are to be attempted/performed on any O/S.

This topic seems more suited to the Gen Chat forum, I will move this to that forum.

Louis

#3 alpha4345

alpha4345
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:25 AM

<<You know, there are a lot of things missing in Windows...>>

Such as?

Since you posted in the Win 7 forum...am I to assume that you have a list of items which are lacking in Win 7...that you believe should be incorporated in a particular version of Win 7?

An operating system is merely intended to provide the basic tools for a user...to install/use the programs of choice. It is the programs installed by the user, a very personal choice...that determine what specific functions are to be attempted/performed on any O/S.

This topic seems more suited to the Gen Chat forum, I will move this to that forum.

Louis

"Since you posted in the Win 7 forum...am I to assume that you have a list of items which are lacking in Win 7...that you believe should be incorporated in a particular version of Win 7?"

"An operating system is merely intended to provide the basic tools for a user"

That's exactly the point of my post :)

But since I need information for my presentation in college, I need your opinions: what would you add to windows to be a more complete OS? What program would you create for it if you were an expert dev?

BTW, thank you for the redirection ;)

P.S: sorry for my bad english!

Edited by alpha4345, 03 November 2011 - 11:26 AM.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,292 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 AM

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:13 PM

A biometric based prequalifying user introduction and test application. We don't let people drive cars or operate heavy machinery without 'testing and qualifications'? Why allow them to buy/own/operate machines that can wreak havoc on innocent victims and cause massive financial damage to themselves and others without some basic skills and knowledge?

I know it's a pipe dream and has a billions of obstacles to overcome. But it's what I would like to build and see in place or something similar at some point. This would be one way educate new users and reinforce good habits for regular users and help combat cyber crime.

You asked the question.....

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,541 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:06 PM

How about ANY version of Windows that actually worked right the first time?

Oh yeah, that was Windows 3.1 before they complicated it all up!

Exactly what kind of things are missing form Windows that you would like to see?
Remember, as has been pointed out, the OS is nothing more than a vehicle to accomplish things.
What one does with it is up to the user.
In the beginning there was the command line.

#6 HonestAbe

HonestAbe

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 AM

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:38 PM

Making me coffie in the morning couldent hurt.

But in all seriousnes...windows? build in coffie machine. get on it please.
"Cogeto Ergo Sum"
I think, therfore i am.
Guns dont kill people, stupid people kill people.

#7 Nawtheasta

Nawtheasta

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:56 PM

Windows should make a library of print drivers and require ( strongly encourage) printer manufacturers to build their systems around one of these drivers so you just plug in and go.
( Not like the stupid Zebra 450 printer that UPS supplies that even their own supplied drivers can't make work right in Windows 7 64 bit. Not that I'm bitter and frustrated at the moment. :crazy:)

Edited by Nawtheasta, 04 November 2011 - 01:57 PM.

#8 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 AM

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:16 PM

a program that turns windows into linux. Oh wait, just go get linux. :P

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users