Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No display in Windows XP-Pro after loging

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Fernando Colón

Fernando Colón

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:01 PM

Windows XP-Pro boots up to the logon screen normally but then I get a not signal meseage on the monitor follow by no display at all. I can hear windows loading and the windows theme, the scanner and printer initializing. In other words windows is running but not dispay. I already try with a different monitor, different video card but not solution. Looks like the display driver is corrupted but I don't have a way to correct it. Safe mode does not work. Everything was working fine few days ago. Does any body knows a solution to this problem.

Luis F Colón
Motherboard: Asus K8V SE Deluxe
Ram: 3Mb
Display: Radeon HD 4660
HD: Maxtor 500 GB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:07 AM

Hi, fernando.
Can you reach Advanced Boot Options by pressing F8 at mobo splash screen?
Can the machine boot from Windows install media or some type of live CD?

Edit: What hardware/software changes have been made on the machine recently? Any peripherals (USB hard drives, memory cards, printers etc.) connected while trying to boot?

Edited by bludgard, 03 November 2011 - 07:20 AM.

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,646 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:21 AM

You said you tried a different display and a different video card? Did you also try different cables?

It's not the driver. Windows does not need a third party driver to be visible, only to fully utilize the capabilities of the video card. Even with a corrupt driver you would see an image on the screen. The "no signal" message means the display is not receiving a signal from the video card. This is almost certainly due to a bad display, a bad card, or bad cables.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users