Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ipod tools?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sparkeyes

sparkeyes

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:44 PM

Hello,
Can anyone please tell me what spec of screwdriver to look for to deal with those tiny screws holding Ipods together? Specifically the 6th generation Classic. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:48 PM

There weren't any screws in my Classic except a few small ones holding various internals together. A Precision screwdriver set from Wal-mart works for those. The case is actually held together with clips under the fascia. Here's the How-to that I used to disassemble mine Ipod Classic Disassembly . There is nothing user serviceable really in there though. The hard drives are custom 1" units and the cost of a new drive is almost the 2/3 of the cost of a new iPod. Other parts are similar stories, they can be found but are hard to find and more expensive then just replacing the iPod.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users