Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer freezing 20-30 min after startup

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dan1212

Dan1212

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:05 PM

My ASUS laptop is about 2 yrs old, and over the past week or so has been freezing anywhere from 5-45 min after startup, every time, and i cant do anything but shut down. It freezes whether or not I'm doing anything, either at the moment or for the whole time its on. I thought it might be overheating, but it doesn't feel hotter than normal and after I took the back panel off and sprayed the dust off the problem didn't go away. When it freezes, the open program and the start button stop responding, but the mouse can usually still move. ctrl alt del doesn't usually work, and when it does none of the options work wont open. I've also tried running virus scans, but they always freeze at 70% and take the computer with them, so it could be a virus, but even if it is I'm not sure how I could remove it before my comp freezes. Right now I'm using expressgate, which has been working fine. Any help would be much appreciated and I expect would be rewarded with karmic bonuses of some sort. Thanks

Edited by Dan1212, 02 November 2011 - 06:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:18 PM

Download and install SIW Multilanguage With Installer (SIW free version) (bottom of the screen)

Run the tool.
After it scans your computer, navigate to Hardware>Sensors and post all info from there.

Posted Image

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users