Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reinstallation not detecting Nvidia Card

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Veder

Veder

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:57 PM

Hi Guys,

So I have an Acer Aspire 17" AS7739G-6647 Which runs the Optimus Technology on a Geforce GT520M and the onboard Intel GPU.
I have reinstalled my operating system which is Windows 7 64bit and now it runs solely off the inter card the nvidia shows as a standard vga graphics.
Also in device manager the standard vga graphics shows are "this device is unable to start"Code 10.
I have got the manufactures acer drivers as well as the nvidia drivers for this card and both come to the same error message
"Graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware"

I wanted to disable the intel in the bios to see if thsi would work but Acer have a very limited bios and no options to change hardware.
Any one have this problem or even more so does anyone know how to fix it??

Thanks & regards
Ruairi

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LouisR47

LouisR47

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:05 PM

Hello, have you installed the chipset driver. I would also install the sound driver and video driver after the chipset driver.
I'm pretty sure you only either have the Intel or the nvidia not both, so you need to find out which one you have and install that driver.

Edited by LouisR47, 02 November 2011 - 03:34 PM.

#3 Veder

Veder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:20 PM

No its defo both, Its nvidias new Optimus technology for laptops its uses an eco friendly on board card for low graphic applications and then kicks the gpu to the nvidia when you require it for like games etc.
But i did install the chipset drivers before I did the graphic drivers.

This seems to be a pretty common problem with this god dam Optimus technology !!

#4 LouisR47

LouisR47

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:28 PM

That's pretty cool! have you tried this Windows 7 Update

#5 LouisR47

LouisR47

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:33 PM

Here is a link for drivers from Nvidia

#6 Veder

Veder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:35 PM

Ya Im sure I have it updated to the most recent sevice package.
Its a really good idea but dam they could have developed it better from what ive read while trying to fix my problem
people are having issues where the optimus dose not kick in for certain games and your left unable to play it.

I got onto the manufacturer of my lappy who could not provide any trouble shooting for it and are arranging to send out a recovery disk for the laptop
Awh man I love new technology but I hate to be one of the first trying to resolve the problem.

#7 Veder

Veder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:42 PM

Verde ?? Whats that ?? Ill try it when I get home, Have tried the latest drivers from the manufacturer though and they didnt work

#8 Veder

Veder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:43 PM

Got it, basically you need to rewrite the drivers to detect the graphics card hardware number
you can do this automatically I found a load of post showing how, But these did not work for me :( FAIL
So finally I got this site laptopvideo2go.com It does the rewrite it self and you just get it as a driver package
incase your scared of the site it also gives you the customized files if you prefer

All in all im a happy camper and my issue is now resolved !!!

Finally time to play BF3 !! har har

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users