Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Access is Denied from Microsoft Security Essentials and many other problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Colin Bennett

Colin Bennett

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:48 PM

I am trying to fix my son's netbook (Honest this is not mine). He has been using LimeWire, which I have now removed, and I can only assume this is the source of his problems.

This is not the first time he has had viruses but I have been able to sort out the others. However the current batch are too hard for me to solve altough it is behaving better than it was when he first gave it to me.

The symtoms are

1) Cannot start Microsoft Security Essentials - It fails with a popup Access is denied......Error Code 08x8007005
2) When clicking on Google Search Results it takes you to various websites but not the one in the hit. This can easily be overriden by clicking the URL Address bar and sending.
3) I have installed a few Virus Detection tools- these work for a while but then fail "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not may have the approroate permissions to access them.

There may be other issues but these are the ones that I have found so far.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 PM

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:19 PM

With the information you have provided I believe you will need help from the malware removal team.
Please make sure that you read the information about getting started first.
Then start a new thread HERE and include or required logs.
Including a link to this thread will be helpful.

Good luck and be patient. Help is on the way!

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users