Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Storage Conduit appears

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 LUD0

LUD0

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:39 PM

Hello

Today on November 2 when I opened Mozilla Firefox, I noticed a a site in the history window
labelled http://storage conduit/Marketplce/(followed by various numbers. I never visited this site,
so I decided on deleting the history and the cookies, to see what happens. After closing Firefox,
It had resumed its place in History.

I did virus scan with Kapersky, but it picked up nothing. Then I scanned with Emsisoft to see if it was
malware, again,didn't pick up anything except for cookies (which got deleted afterwards).

After searching a bit on google and other forums, I am not sure whether or not this thing is a threat,
as some say that it is possibly malware or a hidden trojan, while others say it is a by product of toolbars on the browser.
However, the last toolbar I downloaded, was about a year ago.

What is this file? is it a threat? and if so How do I remove it?

Please help

Thankyou

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users