Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Quickbooks

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 puffalump19

puffalump19

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 AM

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:49 AM

I am trying to use Quickbooks Accounting Student Trial Edition. It has installed ok, but when I open it, it tells me that something has caused the program to quit working and Windows is shutting it down. It has two buttons that say debug and close program. I've tried reinstalling the program too. Intuit tech support says I need to talk with the student version department and can't help me and the student department won't help with tech issues and tell me to contact tech support. My schools tech support say they can't help since its not their issue as well as the book publisher the program came with. I have no problems with any other programs or issues with my computer. I have all recent updates for windows and quicken. I am running Windows 7 Professional.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,691 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:26 PM

If Intuit can't/won't help, it's probably going to be difficult for anyone else to provide much assistance.

A couple of thoughts:

How old is the Trial program, i.e. is it a version that's compatible with Windows 7?

See if it will install and run successfully on another computer. If the same thing happens it may be a corrupted disk or simply a faulty issue of the program. If it's happy on another computer, it would indicate some incompatability with your system.

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users