Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Inbox.com

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 beer34

beer34

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 AM

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:28 AM

Working on a friend's computer. It's a Toshiba Satellite C655D. It has Windows 7 Home Premium. I've installed Firefox, Avast, Malwarebytes, Revo, CCleaner and GIMP. Before I installed anything, I nuked whatever antivirus trial that Best Buy installs.

I've nuked Best Buy app, PC Powerspeed and Rebate Informer via Revo. PC Powerspeed and Rebate Informer were not found by either Avast or Malwarebytes. I saw them on the desktop. This computer was purchased in late September.

Alright, here's my concern: I ran Avast and Malwarebytes tonight and both scanned clean. Ran Ccleaner. For poops and giggles, I opened Firefox to find inbox.com as the homepage. I remember nuking an inbox toolbar a bit back. I opened Exploder and it went to the Toshiba homepage as it was from manufacture. I changed the homepage on FF from inbox.com to yahoo. I also noticed that the search engine of choice was inbox. I changed that to Google. I rebooted and my changes held.

Upon doing a search for Inbox.com, I wasn't happy. Looks like it can be crappy. Couldn't find anything here.

My question is: Should I not be concerned about this anymore? Or should I look for something? Where should I look and what should I look for?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 03 November 2011 - 10:09 AM.
Moved to AII. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users