Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A Safe Haven In A Sea Of Lunacy!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Billy1Iron

Billy1Iron

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 29 January 2006 - 12:47 AM

Greetings,
After a long and agonizing day I landed on this site. The last of my google searches for tonight. Seems over the last couple of years I'm been fighting an on going war against people you have nothing else to do but "screw around" with my computer. Up to now, I've been able to hold my own, but today I've met my match. On the way to Bleepingcomputer I came across a couple of helpful articles. I hoping you may hold the eventual answer to my problems. But keeping with policy, I will continue with my intro.

Omaha Nebraska is my hometown. I'm looking forward to playing a January round of golf tomorrow. That's right, January golf in Omaha! It's been a pleasantly warm winter for us. We averaged 15 to 20 degrees above our normal highs for this winter. Two more months and we are home free, I hope.

What do I do for a living? Well Omaha is also the home of probably the largest concentration of weather forecasters in the US. The Air Force Weather Agency is headquartered at Offutt Air Force Base. Another reason to really enjoy the great weather we are having.

Well that enough for now; time for some shut eye.

B1

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 29 January 2006 - 04:36 AM

Funny you should mention this site in those terms, Billy1Iron
I used the "oasis is a desert" analogy when I first came upon BC. :thumbsup:
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2006 - 09:05 AM

Welcome to BC, which may either be an oasis or a fortress surrounded by a moat---when the bell rings, the villagers run to it for safety.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2006 - 07:40 PM

:thumbsup: to BC! Billy1Iron.

Good Luck,
yano :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic