Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Isolating Video Problem on Acer Netbook

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Dave Naz

Dave Naz

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:52 PM

Hi. This is a Acer Aspire One ZA3 (A0751H-1948) 11 inch netbook which I am pretty sure has a hardware video problem.
The computer itself seems to run fine (boot up, shuts down, does not crash). The problem is with the screen.

When booting up, if the background is black, the screen looks like a TV with bad reception. I can still see the image, but the scattered dots all over the place moving around.

After boot up the static settles down and I just see odd colors.
- If the background color is set to blue - I see blue. If set to red, I see red. If set green, I see green.
- All things that should be white are pink (ie. a white background is actually pink)
- A black back ground looks like active (moving) static, like bad reception.

If I connect an external monitor to the VGA port - the video looks fine (on the external monitor).

Any suggestions on what part of the hardware may be bad? I can buy a new screen for about $80, but I probably can't return it if it doesn't fix the issue. Is there any thing else I should look for, or do the symptoms point to anything?

Thanks for any help you might be able to give.

dave

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users