Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Losing power/ loud fan

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Becikkkk

Becikkkk

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 PM

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:34 AM

Hi there,

I have been having problem with my computer. It keeps turning itself off.
The average is around once per 3 days. Furthermore the fan has become very noisy.

Recently, I have a malware infection which was solved thanks to Bleeping Computer forum.
I was advised to provide the link to the malware infection link:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic419480.html

My computer spec:

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
AMD Phenom™ IIx4 810 2.61GHx

The computer case:
Black & Silver ATX Tower Case

Not sure what else I should include in the problem description

Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AionTelos

AionTelos

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 AM

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:26 PM

When you say the "fan has become noisy." Are you referring to it spinning faster or a clicky sound like the fan is hitting something?

From my experience a loud fan is caused from a hot pc or a dying fan.

#3 nesrinamb

nesrinamb

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 AM

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:39 PM

yes I agree with the poster above, also you should see if it might be the power supply. Although to accurately test the power supply would require having another one around. Their are power supply testers but from my experience none are worth the money whether their the cheap or expensive ones.

#4 HonestAbe

HonestAbe

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 AM

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:52 PM

i had the same problem when i first built my computer. it turned out that the "shut off heat" or whatever its called, was turned way down. i went into bios and changed it and it worked fine after that. The shut off's may also be attributed to a dieing power supply, witch you can test by hooking up another power supply and seeing if the problem persists.

The fan may be due to somthing hitting up against it, a dieing fan, or the PC simply running hot.

Hope this helps.
"Cogeto Ergo Sum"
I think, therfore i am.
Guns dont kill people, stupid people kill people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users