It looks like you have an infection in the Master Boot Record(MBR) on your hard disk drive.
Let's do a backup before fixing it. (this is in case something goes wrong). You will need a USB drive.
Please go to this site
and download MBRFix.exe
Scroll down to locate mbrfix.exe
, and in the lower right corner of the tool info, you'll see the Download
link. Save it directly to the C:\
drive and extract all files there.
Windows Vista/7 do not display the Run line on the Start menu in the default setting but the Run line can be accessed in all current versiions of Windows by pressing the keyboard combination Windows key + R
the following into the Run box and click OK:cmd /c MbrFix /drive 0 savembr C:\Backup_MBR_0.bin
You should now see the C:\Backup_MBR_0.bin
on your C:\ drive
Repeat these steps using the following command:cmd /c MbrFix /drive 1 savembr C:\Backup_MBR_1.bin
You should now see the C:\Backup_MBR_1.bin
on your C:\ drive
Please zip these files and attach them in your next reply.Please note - all text entries are case sensitive
Please make sure you copy the files Backup_MBR_0.bin and Backup_MBR_1.bin
to your USB drive as well. <-- IMPORTANT
Make sure that you have done backups of important data before you proceed. <-- IMPORTANT
Of course the backups should be on an external media - like CD/DVD.STEP 2
Kaspersky has silently updated their TDSSKiller.exe to 22.214.171.124...Note: If Cure is not available, please choose Skip instead, do not choose Delete unless instructed.
your copy of TDSSKiller
and download the latest version from here
and save it to your Desktop
- Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application.
- Click the Start Scan button.
- If a suspicious object is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.
- If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.
Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
- A report will be created in your root directory, (usually C:\ folder) in the form of "TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt". Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.