Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Office 2007 problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bk6151

bk6151

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 PM

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:24 PM

I just reinstalled windows XP on my dell desktop. I also reinstalled Office 2007 basic. Now every time I try to open a word document, a screen pops up telling me that it is configuring word. It goes through the whole configuration thing and then opens the document. The problem is that it does this EVERY time I open a document. Same thing with Excel. How do I fix this? Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Geoffc

Geoffc

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 AM

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:16 PM

My last bad crash, two months back, this happened to me. Don't bother thanking me for this: the problem went away after about a week, and may have been cured by last-step recoveries including virus and registry scans.

Really, best wishes

GeoffC

#3 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 PM

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:21 PM

You didn't happen to have Office 2003 on your machine before it crashed did you?
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

#4 Geoffc

Geoffc

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 AM

Posted 10 December 2011 - 08:38 PM

Sorry for delay: no, only MS WORKS bought with desktop, and probably some residual fragments of uninstalled Office 2K.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users