Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2002 Out of Office Help

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 wadergirl

wadergirl

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:39 AM

I've tried searching for this, but I don't think I've found an answer yet...

My computer at work runs Outlook 2002. I've used it before, but only on a pretty casual basis, this is my first position where I've needed to use some of the more advanced features (like Rules and Signatures). I've finally picked those up pretty well, but now I'm stuck with the Out of Office responder.

I've looked at the Out of Office Assistant, but here's my problem. I'm only working part time, so I'd like the Out of Office assistant to turn off when I arrive at 10 am, and turn on at 3pm when I leave. Is there a way to make this automatic, or do I have to manually turn it off and on every day?

Also, most of my mail comes to me via a small mailing list... we'll call it department@work.com. I'm not worried about sending out an Out of Office message if the mail is addressed to that, only if it is addressed to just me@work.com. Will checking the boxes "Send directly to me" and "Copied (CC) to me" suffice? It especially does not need the Out of Office message if sent to BOTH.

Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users