Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Constantly hanging computer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 freezing computer

freezing computer

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 AM

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:22 AM

My computer keeps hanging and I have to restart. Usually it's when windows is started. Today it froze a few times and I restarted but then it wouldnt start even past the motherboard screen, or sometimes past that but then after a few more screens it went black and i had to restart again. I was lucky one time and i pressed f8 and I'm working in safe mode atm. This is not a new problem, here is a paste from asking on oct 20:

Anonymous Thu Oct 20 10:27:37 2011 No.20685919 [Report] [Reply] [Original]

recently everything keeps freezing. i'm doing something and i see that stupid circle and i click nad nothing happens or the window fades. if i go ctrl alt del it won't respond and if it does it takes a long time and clicking end process on a program does nothing. even this firefox window froze a few times in this session. while i was typing this it froze but came back luckily.

most of the time i have to hold my power button and turn it off and restart.

a while ago today, after a freeze i got a blue screen and something about dumping and then a restart. i searched the intnret for how to see what it said but no luck.

what do i do to fix this issue? i'm going crazy and google is no help.

>> Anonymous Thu Oct 20 10:32:37 2011 No.20685964 [Report]

moments after i posted this thread firefox hanged followed by windows, ctrl alt del didnt do anything so i held the power button. then i restarted and 'please wait' hanged so i had to hold the power button again to restart.

>> Anonymous Thu Oct 20 11:23:26 2011 No.20686420 [Report]

ok i'm going to do a 'check disk local disk c:' and tick Automatically fix file system errors and Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors. if this doesn't work how else will i make sure my hard drive is not 'dead'?

>> Anonymous Thu Oct 20 14:32:43 2011 No.20689117 [Report]

i finished it and it didn't work :/

I've also done memtest and it found nothing wrong.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 freezing computer

freezing computer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:52 PM

bump

#3 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:12 PM

Post specs on the machine in question and there will be a greater chance of a response. Make/Model and any other info you may feel will facilitate the troubleshooting process.
Have you tried removing all peripherals?
System Restore?

#4 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:24 PM

recently everything keeps freezing. i'm doing something and i see that stupid circle and i click nad nothing happens or the window fades. if i go ctrl alt del it won't respond and if it does it takes a long time and clicking end process on a program does nothing. even this firefox window froze a few times in this session. while i was typing this it froze but came back luckily.

a while ago today, after a freeze i got a blue screen and something about dumping and then a restart. i searched the intnret for how to see what it said but no luck.

moments after i posted this thread firefox hanged followed by windows, ctrl alt del didnt do anything so i held the power button. then i restarted and 'please wait' hanged so i had to hold the power button again to restart.

ok i'm going to do a 'check disk local disk c:' and tick Automatically fix file system errors and Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors. if this doesn't work how else will i make sure my hard drive is not 'dead'?

Frome whence came this quote?

Edited by bludgard, 31 October 2011 - 06:25 PM.

#5 freezing computer

freezing computer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:35 AM

Post specs on the machine in question and there will be a greater chance of a response. Make/Model and any other info you may feel will facilitate the troubleshooting process.
Have you tried removing all peripherals?
System Restore?

I tried removing all peripherals it didn't fix the issue. The only system restore point is 01/11.

Frome whence came this quote?

October 20

#6 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:17 PM

If need be run this in safe mode with networking.

Download CCLEANER the link below:

http://www.piriform....leaner/download

Just DONT us the registry cleaner function of CCleaner unless you know what you are deleting exactly!!

Then open ccleaner hit the tools button then startup second one down below uninstall then in the bottom right hand corner of ccleaner hit save to text file.Save it to your desktop and post the startup.txt here in your next reply.Also hit start run then type msconfig then hit the services tab then hit put a check mark in hide microsoft services what is listed there,after hiding microsoft services?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users