Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Which browser is easiest to use?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Murrar

Murrar

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 AM

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:41 AM

I have Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 9 on my computer. Can anyone tell me which browser is the easiest to use -- Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Chrome? Thank you. user470

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Winterland

Winterland

• Members
  • 995 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:57 AM

Not sure what you mean by easiest.

I also have all three browsers on my PC and have, from time to time, used all three but keep returning to Firefox because it feels familiar to me.

Is that the same as 'easiest'?

Oddly enough, I spent most of the day yesterday surfing with Chrome but still came away not entirely impressed.

As for IE, I almost never use it anymore, as it seems 'clunky' but am also willing to admit, I may just have a personal bias against it, esp. since the day that FF arrived, it seemed like a breath of fresh air and easier to use.

That being said, FF has been making some moves as of late that have made using it a bit more of a chore and/or nuisance, hence the recent use/testing of Chrome for me.

Does that help?

Winterland

Photobucket removed my cool flag - idiots!

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.

#3 Murrar

Murrar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:41 AM

With regard to all three browsers, can I keep all three browsers on my computer and click on any one I want to use and delete any of those I don't want to use without messing up my computer? Thank you. user470

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:37 AM

Yup. You can download them all and try them out. All are free. I switched to Chrome last year. I was having trouble with IE and I never liked Firefox. Chrome is faster than IE and like Firefox, it has some great extensions.

#5 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,631 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:44 PM

When it comes to browsers the only constant I can count on is that I will change mine sometime in the future. I started out with IE8 (I am a rather new computer user) and had no major complaints with it. When I heard about Firefox for the first time I gave it a spin for a few months. It was an improvement over IE8, for speed and function. I gave it up because the version that was current at that time was a RAM hog. On to Chrome. After a few months of that, Chrome developed a nasty habit of freezing my system. It was as frozen as a pawnbroker's heart. So out it went. Then it was over to IE9. Much better than IE8, obviously, and quite similar to Chrome in its layout an usage. Then I gave Opera a spin for the last couple of weeks. It was alright, nice to use and look at. My biggest complaint with it is that it does a lousy job of translating foreign web pages. That was enough for me to now give the latest version of Firefox (7.0.1) another go. They have made great strides in reducing it's footprint on my system's resources. I think I'll stick with it for a few weeks. And I suppose some sort of dishonorable mention should be made for the several hours that Safari was allowed to reside on my system. I hated it, but for the life of me I can't remember why.

So the lesson is don't be afraid to experiment. The vast majority of browsers are free, and problems that one person has with any particular one most likely not apply to you.

Edited by Bezukhov, 31 October 2011 - 03:45 PM.

To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

#6 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 976 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:00 AM

Easiest for me are Internet Explorer 8 and 9. Certain things I like about Chrome and Firefox, but IE's Favorites feature is much better than the "Bookmarks" of Firefox. I also still like to have the/a menu bar always on display, while Chrome has only one single tool which opens into a menu, and then more tabs and pages are presented; not bad if you just get accustomed, but I like a menu bar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users