Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A ComboFix Uninstall - What is it doing? ...scared!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DerDingle

DerDingle

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 AM

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:43 PM

Hi! I had originally made a post about getting rid of Google redirects. The tech helping me had me download ComboFix. I know their intentions were well but it really screwed up my computer. Scared the heck out of me. No internet access, no file access. By the time I was able to get back online, many files were gone and I couldn't locate my original post. System restore (which I found out about much later, seemed to correct most ComboFix "removals".)

Anyway's I tried following the "ComboFix Uninstall" instructions per this site and it looks like Combofix is actually runnung! I didn't have time to look at it to see if the box said it was uninstalling or not. I quickly hit "control-alt-delete" before I had a repeat of last time. It looked as if it was running it's "fix" or scanning processes. Man, I just want this thing gone.

Can anyone tell me what the removal process will look like after I type in "combofix /uninstall" in the start box and click "proceed"? VERY nervous about this considering what took place before. ANY extra little bits of info will help.

Thanks for your consideration.

DerDingle

PS- Sorry if this is the wrong forum...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 AM

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:50 PM

It might be better to post this on your original thread and let the person that was helping you work on it.

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#3 DerDingle

DerDingle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 AM

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:15 PM

Thanks and I agree. But I cannot find it. If someone can help me it would be much appreciated. All the notes were lost during the "incident". If there's a way via "my profile" or something i cannot find it. Thanks again...

DerDingle

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,732 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:44 AM

You will not find any topics about combofix made under this member name DerDingle. As of the above post reply time stamp you have only two posts. These combofix discussions were not made with this account at this forum. The combofix discussions were not deleted and the post count would not change to show just two posts even if they were mistakenly deleted. Are you sure that you were helped here at Bleeping Computer with Combofix? If so, it wasn't under this name, which is why you don't see your combofix topic.

Another forum possibly or different name?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 AM

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:37 AM

If at another forum (site), please provide the link to where you are being assisted.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users