Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Pc Won't Boot. Hardware Problems.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 QueBoy89

QueBoy89

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 PM

Posted 28 January 2006 - 06:10 PM

Plz Help.
I was turning on my pc, and I'm nothing at overclocking, but I was stupid and I went into BIOS. I went to the overclocker, and my speed could be between 100 to 132. I set mine to 110, then I saved and left. Right after that, it was blank, the pc was on, but nothing happened. I turned the pc off, and the screen didn't turn on. Then I restarted it again, and this time the power came on in the monitor. However, it was still the same, it turned black and stayed. Please let me know what happened, and how I can fix this. My system parts are listed below. Also, i have no idea if this might be the problem, but i had a floppy in the drive, and i changed the order of booting from First-Floppy, Second-HDD0, Third-CD-ROM, to First-HDD0, Second-CD-ROM, and Third-Floppy. If you can, please tell me all you can and email me. My email address is QueBoy89@yahoo.com.

System:

Motherboard- MSI P4MAM-V

Processor- intel Celeron 1.80A GHz 400 MHz 128 KB L2 Cache

Memory- 2x 256 MB DDR DIMM PC2700

Operating System- Windows XP Home Edition

Video Card- ATI 9200SE Radeon 32 MB

Hard Drive- I don't know much about it but it is about 9.7 GB and its an IDE

Drives- 1 52x CD-ROM Drive
1 52x32x52x CD-ReWriter

I'll try to take apart the pc and see what is wrong, but please send me an email or reply if you can help in any way. Much Thanks. And if you need any more info as well, please reply.

Edited by QueBoy89, 28 January 2006 - 06:11 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 28 January 2006 - 10:24 PM

If you are sure it was a setting in your BIOS, locate the J7 jmper on you motherboard and remove the bridge cap. Leave it off for 1 minute and then replace it. This will set your BIOS back to the factory default settings. If you cannot find the jumper simple remove the motherboard battery. If you have not changed the battery within the last year it would not hurt to do it now. This too will set your motherboard back to the default settings.

Let us now if this does or does not work. Good luck.

Edited by acklan, 28 January 2006 - 10:27 PM.

"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users