Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

system hangs + blank screen

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 maanasa

maanasa

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 AM

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:12 PM

hello there,

My machine is
acer 5742
intel core i3-380M

while working on the machine all of a sudden I cant move the mouse. Its really slow and then it hangs. I tried locking the machine and then its not restoring when I hit enter. It gives a blank screen. I force restarted it then its working normally. Its not been more than 4 months I bought this. :(

kindly reply to the post and help.

thank you

regards
Maanasa

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2011 - 11:26 PM

Hi, maanasa. Welcome.
Have you scanned your system thoroughly with anti-virus anti-malware programs?
Open Windows Explorer, right-click C: drive and selct Properties. Click Tools and in the Error-checking area, select Check now.... Place a check in both boxes and select Start. Select Schedule disk check and reboot to let the process begin.
Although this appears (to me) to be malware related, if you would, kindly open Task Manager. Click on the Processes tab, click Show processes from all users in the botom left of the window and post a screenshot of all running processes.

#3 maanasa

maanasa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:26 AM

hi,

Thank you very much for your response. I scanned the anti-Virus and anti-malware.
I'm attaching all the processes image took from the task manager. I still have the same problem. suddenly system becomes very slow, hangs and go's blank...

Thank you again..

Maanasa

Attached Files

#4 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:11 PM

This is a biased question, but what Norton products are running on this machine?
Also: 90 proceses running IMO is a bit high. If you prefer, all updating processes can be killed. Uninstalling a previous software before upgrading (installing a newer version) is most proper. The machine is getting bogged down from the dead weight that is running alongside of the OS. As time goes by and programs are added to an already bloated machine (from factory), an install will tend to slow down. Even without the bloatware I reinstall at least twice a year. I can't stand lagging (and av/am will cause a lag). It would be optimal if you were supplied instrall media of your purchased OS without the fatory add-ons....
What exact OS came on the lappy (COA sticker on bottom will reveal the key).
Post back if there is anything further I can provide.

#5 maanasa

maanasa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:47 AM

hi there..

My OS is windows 7 Home Basic... I now have another problem as well... When I lock the computer and close it to carry it in the bag.. then later I'm unable to resume the windows.. It show black blank screen... I force restarted the machine the it says windows resuming and gave me an error saying..
windows shutdown unexpectedly.. error details : bluescreen..

could you please help me resolve the issue...

Maanasa

#6 maanasa

maanasa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:54 AM

Hello there..,

I have been waiting for your reply since long time and I'm little worried that I might get in to trouble if my system completely stop working. It is showing this blue-screen error only when I try to keep my system in sleep mode and resume it. Hoping to see your reply as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Regards
Maanasa

#7 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:43 AM

I replied but there was no response to my reply; only further posting of the same issues.
BlueScreenView.zip
Left click .zip file and select Extract all.....
Right click on the .exe file and select Run As Administrator.
Post a screenshot of the upper panel as well as any highlighted content in lower pane.
Get rid of Norton in the meantime....
Norton Removal Tool
Uninstall any and all programs you do not need or use.
I will post more after I BlueScreenView results are posted.
What exactly has been done to rectify the situation so far?

Edited by bludgard, 07 January 2012 - 08:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users