Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking for a new Desktop

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Cadiann

Cadiann

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 PM

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:09 PM

I've been having issues with my old desktop computer. It's about nine or ten years old, it runs slow, and I think it had a vew bad viruses on it at some point, that my father must have dealt with.

I'd prefer anything but a Dell. I haven't had any luck with Dell computers. To be honest, I'm getting quite sick of them. I'm looking for a computer that has a 2.0Ghz processor, at least 2 GB of memory, at least 500 MB of disc space, and GeForce 6/Radeon X1000 graphics card, or higher.

I need the cheapest one possible. I found an Acer Aspire at Walmart for $398. It has 4 GB of memory, a 1 TB hard drive, and GeForce 6. I'm pretty sure it meets my requirements. Does it?

I don't need a computer that comes with speakers or a monitor. I just need the computer itself, and preferrably a keyboard and a mouse. I have a LED tv I can plug it into, I believe, and if not, I have a monitor available. I can buy separate speakers, if I decide I want them. I doubt I will though.

I mainly want a computer that can play games. Amnesia: The Dark Descent is the one game I want to play most (the requirements listed above are for this game, actually). If I can play this game, finally, I'll be happy.

If anyone knows of any other cheap-ish computers that meet my requirements, or if anyone can tell me if the Aspire can play Amnesia, it'll be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
YOU. Yeah, you. Have you played Amnesia: The Dark Descent? Do you know of a moderately priced or a cheap computer that is capable at playing it? Message me! Please and thank you. :D

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:32 PM

A budget is needed to determine the right computer.

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#3 Cadiann

Cadiann
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2011 - 11:54 PM

$500 or less, would be best. I just need the actual computer, keyboard, and mouse. Speakers and monitor don't need to be included.
YOU. Yeah, you. Have you played Amnesia: The Dark Descent? Do you know of a moderately priced or a cheap computer that is capable at playing it? Message me! Please and thank you. :D

#4 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:58 AM

iBUYPOWER Gamer Power 567D3

This can easily run that game with max graphics settings.

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#5 Cadiann

Cadiann
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:47 PM

Do you know of any stores that might sell that computer?

Also, this is the computer I was looking at. Would it be able to play the game too?

#6 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:13 AM

It has onboard graphics which isn't that good but i believe it just be able to play with that onboard graphics.

iBUYPOWER Black Gamer Power WA528D3

>Michael 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users