Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

my toshiba laptop facing many problems

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 PinoyNoob

PinoyNoob

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 AM

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:42 AM

Good day bleepingcomputer staffs and administrators. I have a couple of questions regarding on my laptop..

First, the stuttering sound of my laptop. There is a stuttering sound when i watch movies, hear musics and etc. I also encounter this in the startup and when shutting down my laptop.. Also when there's a stuttering of sound, the laptop keeps freeze but there's no other applications open.

Secondly, when restating my laptop. When I restart my laptop, I only seen black screen.. And sometimes, a black screen without only cursor..

Third, I encounter a trojan (Trojan.Sirefef.O) on my laptop.. I wasn't very careful at downloading such apps... so I got this trojan.. My Microsoft Security Essentials had detect it, after that I clean it/remove and I restart it.. After that.. the trojan is still there.. .. So what I do is, I look for immediate solutions and then I found some answers and I downloaded Tdsskiller from this site.. Also, the Malwarebytes and the Dr.Web (also in this site). I run them all in Safe Mode. First, I use the tdsskiller and found the trojan.. I remove it and then restart. After the restart, my Internet connection was gone.. It says limited access.. By the way, I'm using a wireless connection.. I try to surf through my iTouch and I can connect.. Also I try it on my computer, and I can connect also.. But the problem is on my laptop..

And lastly, I found a software called DriverFinder.. It says it can scan and update your outdated/error drivers. Is it true or scam? What should I do the update my drivers.. Because I think one the reason why is my laptop very slow is because my drivers are outdated or has an error..

P.S. Is cloning Windows 7 is bad or illegal?

Thank you for your patience reading and I hope you can respond and give solution on this problem as soon as possible.
More powers!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:12 AM

Hello,
P.S. Is cloning Windows 7 is bad or illegal? Both!!

Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
Download Link 1
Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
    For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
  • If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
  • If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:
  • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
  • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
  • Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
  • Exit MBAM when done.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

Troubleshoot Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan
  • Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
    ESET OnlineScan
  • Click the Posted Image button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
    • Click on Posted Image to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
    • Double click on the Posted Image icon on your desktop.
  • Check Posted Image
  • Click the Posted Image button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Under scan settings, check Posted Image and check Remove found threats
  • Click Advanced settings and select the following:
    • Scan potentially unwanted applications
    • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
    • Enable Anti-Stealth technology
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, push Posted Image
  • Push Posted Image, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Push the Posted Image button.
  • Push Posted Image

NOTE: In some instances if no malware is found there will be no log produced.

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  • Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List Winsock Entries
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
  • List Minidump Files
Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.

Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 PinoyNoob

PinoyNoob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:08 PM

Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.

Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
    Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
    For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.
    When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
    When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
        Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
        Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Then click Finish.

Ok, I disable my microsoft security essentials, how about my firewall? i just have my personal firewall and i don't download any firewall.. how should i disable it? Secondly, I can't connect to the internet as said on my third question please read it, clarify me if you don't understand

Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

I have a problem on rebooting on my laptop, so what i did is to push the power button so that it will off and reopen it afterwards, please read my question #2

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:46 PM

For the connection try these...

Please click Start > Run, type inetcpl.cpl in the runbox and press enter.
Click the Connections tab and click the LAN settings option.
Verify if "Use a proxy..." is checked, if so, UNcheck it and click OK/OK to exit.
Now check if the internet is working again.

OR

Go to Start ... Run and type in cmd
A dos Window will appear.
Type in the dos window: netsh winsock reset
Click on the enter key.

Reboot your system to complete the process.

Ususally the Firewall does not interfere,but it can,so see if it works first.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 PinoyNoob

PinoyNoob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:22 PM

you know, i try the second part on the command prompt i do what was written then reboot and after that still no work
btw, i am using wireless connection and i'm using my computer right now..

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:23 AM

Can you run Minitoolbox and the MBAm from a flash Drive?

#7 PinoyNoob

PinoyNoob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:13 PM

I uploaded it from mediafire because it can't fit from the message
download it here:
Mbam Log - http://www.mediafire.com/?h3tyfm866qqej9r#1
Minitool Log - http://www.mediafire.com/?n0zuemekbnab7j7#1
Eset - can't start because of connectivity issues

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:59 PM

Sorry for the delay. I am trying top figure what the connection issue can be..

1. Click Start>Run (Start>"Start search" in Vista).

2. Type in (or copy and paste):

cmd /c ping google.com>%temp%\$.$&notepad %temp%\$.$

and press Enter.

3. Notepad will open.

4. Copy all text in Notepad ([Ctrl-A], then [Ctrl-C]), and then post it (paste = [Ctrl-V]) in your next reply.

#9 PinoyNoob

PinoyNoob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:28 PM

hi boopme thanks for replying
btw, is that also the same like pinging the computer in cmd prompt
like ping google.com

here is the result in your instruction:

Ping request could not find host google.com. Please check the name and try again.

can i post some snapshot regarding to network connectivity issues? so that you'll clearly know, i'm using wireless connection and i can connect to the internet through my pc and ipod but my laptop does not

here are the some snapshots:

http://i40.tinypic.com/2r6pq11.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/aavfbr.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/2aetllh.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/foiplg.jpg

#10 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:46 PM

Ok here;s a run thru start at psot 5
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic336194.html

#11 PinoyNoob

PinoyNoob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:15 PM

hi boopme i can't do this step
From the General tab (Vista/7 users: Networking tab), click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), make sure it is checked, and then click Properties because of this:

http://i44.tinypic.com/foiplg.jpg

when i click ok, then click tcp/ip the properties button cannot be clicked please help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users