Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Greetings

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Abugida

Abugida

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 PM

Posted 30 October 2011 - 01:40 AM

Well i always take advantage of this types of community website to resolve many of my computer issues for the company i work for and my personal use. In many cases i was able to save my behind or impress boss's with a help of this types of site. Last night i got a call from one employee wo happenes to be an accountant that his hard drive crushed and can't access anything and is worried to death. I took a look at it and i got this message about hard drive failing and try to fix it and memory error etc..after trying many troubleshooting i was almost convinced that hard drive was crushing untile i run in to this site BleepingComputer. That is when i realised it was a "Window repair" virus attack. I used Malwarebyte to remove the viruses then none of the programs were showinge lots of files were hiden. Thanks to the "Unhide.exe" file which resolved the issue and make me look like a hero. Then i figured instead of exploiting everyone's contribution and i get a credit for it i decided to join the site and contribute. I am sure there will be something small i can contribute if not lot.

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 30 October 2011 - 08:50 AM

I'm sure our Members will appreciate your thanks for something you found here at BC that helped you to help someone else; thanks for joining and don't hesitate to ask for help with your computer problems.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users