Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Boo/whistler - what to do?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 swinka

swinka

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:52 PM

Hi guys

I'm new around here, but i think this is the best place to ask for help.

I've installed new system, Win 7 64bit
There were 2 hhds, both got old partitons removed and fotmatted...

After clean installation Avira free 2012 started screamining "Boo/Whistler" on second partiton and on master sector.

I've looked over internet and found out that people with such problems used, with succes, TDssKiller by Kaspersky. I've run tdss but it didn't found nothing.
I've uninstalled avira, thinking that maybe it blocked the virus. Tdss still nothing. Installed avira again, it sees that boo/whistler....

So i've have installed again Win 7 on other disk, with removing old partitions... and the story goes again. avira sees Boo/Whistler, Tdss doesn't find nothing, Malwarebytes doesn't find nothing, running combofix doesn't help...after that again istalled Avira shouts 'boo/whistler'

So what's the deal? Is this false positive?

What next moves should I do? Cos as i read, this virus is nasty one and collects data

Please help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jntkwx

jntkwx

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,339 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 AM

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:28 PM

Hi swinka,

Since you have already run Combofix, please follow the instructions in ==>Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide<==.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include the link to this topic in your new topic and a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

Once you have created the new topic, please reply back here with a link to the new topic.

Most importantly please be patient till you get a reply to your topic.
Regards,
Jason

Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe and secure on the Internet

If I am helping you and have not returned in 48 hours, please feel free to send me a PM with a link to the topic.
My help is free... however, if you wish to show appreciation and support me personally fighting against malware, please consider a donation: btn_donate_SM.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users