Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malwarebyt'es Anti-Malware & STOPzilla software

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Dee30

Dee30

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 AM

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:44 PM

I'm new to this, so please bear with me! My operating system is Windows XP SP2. I have used STOPzilla for the last 5 years, and have never had a problem with it; however, today that has changed. I downloaded the Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware software, and scanned my computer. After the scan was completed, I had a list of registry threats two in particularly were Trojans. I chose to have them removed; then it prompted me to restart my computer which I did. Now, this is when I ran into a problem that was a little weird. Once my computer was restarted, STOPzilla, stated that I had a GASF Trogan. I thought it was weird that once I ran a scan with the Anti-Malware software, and removed them; then I get this message from STOPzilla. I would like to know is the Anti-Malware the actual GASF Trogan or is Stopzilla giving me a false positive. Also, what is GASF Trogan? I moved the GASF with Stopzilla, so I clicked on the tab that states infections removed, and noticed that it was one GASF Trojan file, and 9 registry keys that were infected. I'm wondering is the Malware software the actual Trojan and that is what caused Stopzilla to prompt me after the scan and reboot? Any insight would be much appreciative!

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Dee30, 29 October 2011 - 01:52 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users