Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Critical Error Sypware

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 zeropro11

zeropro11

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:47 AM

I opened my laptop (Win 7) and all the desktop programs are missing. There are no files in C: and Start Menu. This program called System Restore opened up and started to scan my program. In the notification tray this message pops up saying "critical error".

I tried to download MWByte but it can't be installed. This message "Access is Denied" is displayed every time I try to install.

I don't know what to do. Any help will be appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zeropro11

zeropro11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2011 - 11:46 AM

Recently, I was infected by a spyware called Critical Security/System Restore. I tried to download MWByte. It downloads and during installation a message pops up saying "Access is Denied". After this the installation is terminated. What should I do?

Edited by Orange Blossom, 30 October 2011 - 12:00 PM.
Merged topics. ~ OB

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,947 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:02 PM

There is a removal guide for this infection here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-system-recovery

Please let us know if that works for you.

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#4 zeropro11

zeropro11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:16 PM

I was going through it but i cant install MWbyte. While installation it says "access is denied" and the setup terminates

#5 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,947 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:20 PM

In that case, please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#6 zeropro11

zeropro11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2011 - 08:10 PM

I got some logs from GMER. I have made a new topic and posted in the other page as you told me. Now waiting for more help!

#7 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,947 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:57 PM

And I see it's already been picked up. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic425687.html

To avoid potential confusion for all concerned, I'm closing this topic.

Orange Blossom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users