Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer will not boot

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 2k3wl4skool

2k3wl4skool

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 29 October 2011 - 01:08 AM

I am currently running windows 7 ultimate on my computer, it has the min requirements but recently it has been faulty. When i boot up my computer it sometimes takes up to 10 minutes. Right now, i cannot even get onto my windows. Since my computer has Xp and Windows 7, Xp is working fine, but when i click on windows 7 it says "starting now" with the windows flag, but does not actually load me on (after waiting 40 minutes).
When it did actually log me on before all this happened, i got a blue screen of death, so it restarted my computer and did a chkdisk 5 times and will not boot up now.
At one stage when i turned the power on it booted for 2 seconds and stopped.
I have formatted my computer and re installed windows 7, still same problem. possibly it is my power supply so i am thinking i might get a new one, but if it isn't my power supply i don't want to waste money.
Please help.
Regards 2k3wl4skool.

Edited by 2k3wl4skool, 29 October 2011 - 01:09 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,726 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 29 October 2011 - 02:21 PM

FWIW: I would think that a PSU problem...impacts both O/S installs.

Have you run the appropriate hard drive diagnostic?

What "minimum requirements" does your system reflect?

It would help if we knew the content reflected in the BSOD you received.

You have a valid license for Win7 Ultimate?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users