Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SNOW....

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:58 PM

The weather forcast say's SNOW she is a comming
Now here in the Cradle Of Idoicy that guarentees one thing, The "French Toast People"
Have now emptied the store shelves of
1) Bread,,,Because we's jist gwanna die ifn we cain't make a samich....
2)Milk,,..same reason.....or perty dang close and then there's the French Toast....
3)Water, You're guess is as good as mine???
4) Toliet Paper....You guessed it...
5) Eggs....Now you know you cain't make French Toast without eggs....
They hit the streets in droves, race into the stores like they just won a game show
and the prize is a 4 minute shoppin spree,and those that got there a little late..well
they just look around at the cart's and start takin other peoples stuff outta those cart's
I mean after all legally it ain't their's jist yet, they ain't paid for it yet, so it's
fair game

GOT MILK??? :lmao:

MissPlaced

You want to be great, Learn how to heal people, To hurt people is easy

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,540 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:10 PM

Exactly how many snow flakes fell from the sky?
Did they cancel school?

If not, why not?
Might be a hazard to the community and the kids!

In the middle of Kansas I am winterizing my old house this weekend.
Getting ready for another brutal long cold snowy winter!
40-50 mile an hour north winds with temperatures around or less than zero isn't exactly a picnic anywhere.

Funny enough, the summer tomato crop was terrible. but the fall tomatoes were really pretty good.

Winter is coming soon, like it or not! :cold:
In the beginning there was the command line.

#3 MissPlaced

MissPlaced
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:04 AM

@ Eyesee,
:hysterical: That's just it, NO SNOW has fallin yet, all the "French Toast People"
Have to hear is the word SNOW and they just lose their ever lovin minds.... :lol:
The Snow is suppost to start overnight snd since it's saturday, they don't need to close the school's just yet
I've got a very good friend that lives in Kansas, so i know your summer was hot, dry
and miserable :( Even her horse stayed by the coolest side of the house and hay has
become a very expensive commidity.
I hope winter treat's you all much better!!

MissPlaced

You want to be great, Learn how to heal people, To hurt people is easy

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#4 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:33 AM

:hysterical: @ "The French Toast People" so true...

#5 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,540 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:00 PM

Quit it!
You are making me hungry!

French toast with syrup and a side of sausage sounds pretty good right now!
In the beginning there was the command line.

#6 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,483 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:09 PM

Ehh I live in NY you learn to deal with the snow lol. Or like me have fun with it lol.
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#7 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,911 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:43 PM

I prefer this kind of snow:

Posted Image

It's called snow-in-summer and has a wonderful scent.

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#8 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,097 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:27 PM

The highest snow totals by state, from the latest NOAA storm summary and NWS public information statements:

Massachusetts: 32" at Peru
New Hampshire: 31.4" at Jaffrey
Maine: 20.0" at Acton
New Jersey: 19.0" at West Milford
Connecticut: 18.6" at Bakersville
New York: 17.9" at Millbrook
Pennsylvania: 16.0" at Huffs Church, Hazleton, and Springtown
Vermont: 16.0" at West Halifax
West Virginia: 14.0" at Mount Storm
Maryland: 11.5" at Sabillasville
Rhode Island: 6.6" at West Glocester

New England's Snow Hurricane of October 9, 1804
In a post I wrote last November on record early snowstorms, I penned this account of the Great October Snow Hurricane of 1804:

Perhaps the most extraordinary early-season snowstorm in New England history occurred on Oct. 9, 1804 when a hurricane roared ashore on Long Island, New York and then encountered an arctic air mass over southeastern Canada. The winds of the hurricane caused extensive structural damage from New York to Massachusetts (where the steeple of North Church in Boston was blown down). The rain turned to snow as far south as the Connecticut River Valley in Connecticut, where low elevation towns from here to the Canadian border received 4-6" of snow, and the higher terrain of Vermont up to three feet of accumulation. In Vermont, drifts buried fences and blocked roads. The Catskills of New York reported 12-18"; the Berkshires of Massachusetts received 24-30". Even coastal New Haven reported some snow (and 3.66" of rain). Reference: "Early American Winters: 1604-1820", by David M. Ludlum, American Meteorological Society, 1966, and "Early American Hurricanes, 1492-1870", by the same author.

Early season snowfalls and climate change
Naturally, the occurrence of a record early-season snow storm will lead to cries of "what happened to global warming?" Global warming theory does predict that we should see a decrease in early-season and late season snow as the climate warms, since it will not be cold enough to snow. However, the climate models also predict that we may see an increase in the intensity of the strongest winter storms, like the Nor'easter that dumped the record October snows over the Northeast on Saturday, and it is important to realize that snow is not the same thing as cold. Temperatures in the Northeast U.S. were quite cold on Saturday, but no observing station there broke a record for coldest temperature for the day on October 29, according to the Dr. Jeff Masters' WunderBlog : Rare October snowstorm hammers Northeast U.S. : Weather Underground
Go to that site and scroll down for some very good pics.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#9 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,058 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:55 PM

This was an early snow for us in NJ and Manhattan area... It was heavy snow and there lies the issue. The trees still have their leaves. The 5 to 18" of snow carried a lot of weight bringing down Trees and limbs.. along with power lines.
Around 500,000 people here.

When a storm like this approaches I just go to the stores and buy all the Maple Syrup... That bugs the French Toasters a lot. :crazy:

Edited by boopme, 08 November 2011 - 01:08 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#10 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 AM

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:49 AM

Speaking of snow, I thought some of you might like this little story about snow...

December 8: 6:00 PM.

It started to snow. The first snow of the season
and the wife and I took our cocktails and sat for hours by the window watching the huge soft flakes drift down from heaven. It looked like a Grandma Moses Print.

So romantic we felt like newlyweds again. I love snow!

December 9:

We woke to a beautiful blanket of crystal white snow covering every inch of the landscape. What a fantastic sight! Can there be a more lovely place in the Whole World? Moving here was the best idea I've ever had.

Shoveled for the first time in years, felt like a boy again. I did both our driveway and the sidewalks. This afternoon the snowplow came along and covered up the sidewalks and closed in the driveway, so I got to shovel again. What a perfect life.

December 12:

The sun has melted all our lovely snow. Such a disappointment. My neighbor tells me not to worry, we'll definitely have a white Christmas. No snow on Christmas would be awful! Bob says we'll have so much snow by the end of winter, that I'll never want to see snow again. I don't think that's possible. Bob is such a nice man, I'm glad he's our neighbor.

December 14:

Snow, lovely snow! 8" last night. The temperature dropped to -20. The cold makes everything sparkle so. The wind took my breath away, but I warmed up by shoveling the driveway and sidewalks. This is the life! The snowplow came back this afternoon and buried everything again. I didn't realize I would have to do quite this much shoveling, but I'll certainly get back in shape this way. I wish I wouldn't huff and puff so.

December 15:

20 inches forecasted. Sold my van and bought a 4x4 Blazer. Bought snow tires for the wife's car and two extra shovels. Stocked the freezer. The wife wants a wood stove in case the electricity goes out. I think that's silly. We aren't in Alaska, after all.

December 16:

Ice storm this morning. Fell on my butt on the ice in the driveway putting down salt. Hurt like heck. The wife laughed for an hour, which I think was very cruel.

December 17:

Still way below freezing. Roads are too icy to go anywhere. Electricity was off for five hours. I had to pile the blankets on to stay warm. Nothing to do but stare at the wife and try not to irritate her. Guess I should have bought a wood stove, but won't admit it to her. God I hate it when she's right. I can't believe I'm freezing to death in my own living room.

December 20:

Electricity's back on, but had another 14" of the stuff last night. More shoveling. Took all day. Blasted snowplow came by twice. Tried to find a neighbor kid to shovel, but they said they're too busy playing hockey. I think they're lying. Called the only hardware store around to see about buying a snow blower, and they're out. Might have another shipment in March. I think they're lying. Bob says I have to shovel or the city will have it done and bill me. I think he's lying.

December 22:

Bob was right about a white Christmas, because 13 more inches of the white stuff fell today, and it's so cold it probably won't melt 'til August. Took me 45 minutes to get all dressed up to go out to shovel, and then I had to pee. By the time I got undressed, p..ed and dressed again, I was too tired to shovel! Tried to hire Bob, who has a plow on his truck, for the rest of the winter; but he says he's too busy. I think he`s lying.

December 23:

Only 2" of snow today, and it warmed up to "0". The wife wanted me to decorate the front of the house this morning. What, is she nuts!!! Why didn't she tell me to do that a month ago? She says she did, but I think she's lying.

December 24:

6". Snow packed so hard by snowplow, I broke the shovel. Thought I was having a heart attack. If I ever catch the creep who drives that snowplow, I'll drag him through the snow by his who ha`s and beat him to death with my broken shovel. I know he hides around the corner and waits for me to finish shoveling and then he comes down the street at a 100 miles an hour and throws snow all over everywhere I've just been! Tonight the wife wanted me to sing Christmas carols with her and open our presents, but I was too busy watching for the snowplow.

December 25:

Merry %&&%$^$*%( Christmas. 20 more inches of the slop tonight. Snowed in. The idea of shoveling makes my blood boil. God, I hate the snow! Then the snowplow driver came by asking for a donation and I hit him over the head with my shovel. The wife says I have a bad attitude. I think she's an idiot. If I have to watch "It's a Wonderful Life" one more time, I'm going to stuff her into the microwave.

December 26:

Still snowed in. Why the heck did I ever move here? It was all HER idea. She's really getting on my nerves.

December 27:

Temperature dropped to -30, and the pipes froze. Plumber came after 14 hours of waiting for him; he only charged me $1,400 to replace all my pipes.

December 28:

Warmed up to above -50. Still snowed in. The wife is driving me crazy!!!!!

December 29:

10 more inches. Bob says I have to shovel the roof or it could cave in. That's the silliest thing I ever heard. How dumb does he think I am?

December 30:

Roof caved in. I beat up the snow plow driver. He is now suing me for a million dollars; not only for the beating I gave him, but also for trying to shove the broken snow shovel up his behind. The wife went home to her mother. 9" predicted.

December 31:

I set fire to what's left of the house. No more shoveling.

January 8:

Feel so good. I just love those little white pills they keep giving me. Why am I tied to the bed?

Edited by Stang777, 08 November 2011 - 01:09 AM.

#11 DonnaB

DonnaB

Bleepin' Ailurophile

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 2,392 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:44 PM

:hysterical: @--> stang777's little story.

A cat named ugly

Proud parent of a young Man who devotes his life to the U.S.Navy

Graduate of GeekU Malware Removal training program

"To achieve the impossible, it is precisely the unthinkable that must be thought." ~ Tom Robbins

"Once I knew only darkness and stillness... my life was without past or future... but a little word from the fingers of another fell into my hand that clutched at emptiness, and my heart leaped to the rapture of living." ~ Helen Keller

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users