Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Paws Up

Paws Up

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 PM

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:36 PM

Im trying to create a new user account on my computer, but every time i do that, Im unable to login to that name. Only the administrator account is accessible. All new accounts createdwill give me this message:
"The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded." This applies to the guest account as well.

If this helps, when you go to C:\Users, only the main account's folder and a folder called "Public" is present. Im pretty sure it should have showed the folder of the newly created account. Because of this, im unable to copy files from my main account to the new account as the folder for it does not exist.

This is frustrating as im trying to create an account for my brother with parental controls. But we cant even access it without it saying that the user profile cannot be loaded. How can I fix this?

I've been following these instructions from Microsoft:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215
I went to the registry editor and went to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList. It seems that there isn't even any folder associated with the new account. I was only able to find a folder associated with the main account. But none for the new accounts.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 PM

Posted 29 October 2011 - 01:54 PM

Back to the beginning...what steps did you actually take...to create a new profile?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/fix-a-corrupted-user-profile

Louis

#3 Paws Up

Paws Up
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 PM

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:30 PM

To create a new account, I did just as the instructions in the link read:

To create a new user profile

To create a new profile, you must first create a new user account. When the account is created, a profile will also be created.

Open User Accounts by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking User Accounts and Family Safety (or clicking User Accounts, if you are connected to a network domain), and then clicking User Accounts.

Click Manage another account. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Click Create a new account.

Type the name you want to give the user account, click an account type, and then click Create Account.

The account is created which in my case is called direngrey. However, when trying to log into that name, I still get the message "The user profile service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded." This message occurs when trying to log into the Guest account as well.

So I tried to use the methods Microsoft gives to resolve this problem as seen in this link:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215

The first method tells me to go into the registry editor and go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList
When I did that, there were 4 folders:
S-1-5-18
S-1-5-19
S-1-5-20
S-1-5-21-1719530586-1223693299-219919905-1000

According to microsoft, my problem lies in the idea that there would be a second folder with S-1-5 followed by a long set of numbers. Except this one would end in .bak. The only one there is the one that belongs to my main account which is daryl123. There are no registry entries associated with any other account.

So I tried the second method which involves copying the data to a new account which I already followed and is shown in the link in your last reply.

When trying to copy the files to the corrupted account, I noticed that there was no files by the names :

Ntuser.dat
Ntuser.dat.log
Ntuser.ini

which in your link specifies not to copy them. Im not sure if knowing whether or not these files exist helps but even if i was able to copy all the files, the folder for the new account (which im unable to get into) to which im to copy these files to does not exist. All that exists under C:\Users is a folder for the main account (daryl123) and a folder entitled Public. But none for any accounts i've created.

So since im unable to copy to the new account as there is no folder associated with it, i proceeded with Microsoft's third method which was to use the Fix It For Me Tool. This does not resolve anything.

If I cant create a new Standard account, i would like to at least get into the Guest account.

Edited by Paws Up, 30 October 2011 - 02:33 PM.

#4 kamalsharma

kamalsharma

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:10 AM

Hi Paws UP,

I am having exactly the same issue in login.

did you find any fix for this?

please let me know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users