Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

E-mail filing for later reading

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 gvan

gvan

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:00 PM

I am trying to move email msgs from inbox to my local folders (long list) to read later.

Presently I am using both Firefox and Thunderbird, v7.01. I am using XP home version service pack 3, pentium 4 cpu 320, with 275Gig of ram on a sony desktop unit.

Previously I haven't had this problem moving them, but now, I am having some intermittent problems moving some emails to a file folder already established, as they revert back to the alphabetic beginning of the list, rather than starting at that point I just used, as it has been doing. I keep my receiving list alphabetically by sender.

Previously, and even now, on occasion the "move to" list continues alphabetically from the last moved file, thereby keeping the moving alphabetically, but now more frequently it returns to the beginning of the alphabetic list starting with the letter "a" and so if my previous message was moved to the list at "VOTING",my list reverts to "A" and I have to then move down accordingly to the correct position.

Because I have a large list of "from folders position" this makes going through the mail very time consuming. Is there a fix for this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users