Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with DELL Laptop

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 westyboy77

westyboy77

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:34 AM

hello everyone, this is my first post so please forgive me if its in the wrong section...

before i explain my problem id like to share my laptop specs:

DELL Inspiron 5010

processor: AMD Athlon II P360 Dual-Core 2.30 GHZ
Memory(RAM): 4GB
Hard Drive: 500GB
System Type: 64 bit, Windows 7 home premium
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4250

ok so thats my laptop, now for the issue...

I had a problem with sky broadband (which ill be making a seperate post after this), had some major virus's and i restored my laptop to the factory settings
which also formatted the hard drive, it reinstalled windows 7 automatically. Just for the record, i have done this on several machines over the last few years,
and on all other occassions the computer would be like brand new, running just how it should be.

so after the recovery, my laptop runs like absolute rubbish, by no means is my laptop extremely powerful, but it was fairly fast at just about everything.

since then i often get memory errors, something along the lines of inssuficient memory, close some programs or you will lose work etc...
I got the 1st memory error, whilst i had internet explorer running 2 tabs and windows media player (which is usually very very minor for what i could do before the recovery). Im not an idiot, but my technical know how is limited.

Any help would be much appreciated, if you need further information, i will gladly provide more

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users