Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

convert a word document to jpeg

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 doodoog

doodoog

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:39 PM

wondering if there is a free software for converting word files to jpegs or pdfs?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,828 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:46 AM

Would a screen shot of the document, saved in MS paint suffice? If you wanted it in .pdf you can use this online resource http://www.doc2pdf.net/

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 utopian86

utopian86

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 AM

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:51 AM

if u have gmail.
upload to google docs and download it as pdf.
if thats is what you want.

#4 kingsweeting1

kingsweeting1

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:29 PM

wondering if there is a free software for converting word files to jpegs or pdfs?

I don't understand what you mean? convert to jpeg? as other people have said do you by any chance mean PDF?

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,828 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:43 PM

They are asking how to have an image of a document. Such as what you might put in a newsletter or a blog as well as other uses.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 kingsweeting1

kingsweeting1

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:02 AM

Ah, Animals description made me understand more
:lol:
I would probably Suggest, if a print screen didn't suffice, then you could go in to a very easy program such as 'MS Paint' re-size the document to A4 size
Height: 279.4 mm
Width: 215.9 mm
Then I would use the text entry (small T to the left near with all the other tools)and copy the text you need. you will be able to re-size, move the text and choose he font. Then you can save this as a Jpeg, Which will be the same size as a normal Word document and should loose resolution such as you might with a print screen as that will only adhere to the resolution that the monitor is set too.

Hope that helps, Tell us how you resolved the problem when you do!

Danny.

#7 Ralchev

Ralchev

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:33 AM

MS Word itself?

#8 christianhenry

christianhenry

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 PM

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:53 PM

same as kingsweeting1 but use photoshop..

#9 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:28 PM

If you are using MS Word 2007 or later, then you can save any open file as PDF. For earlier versions of MS Word, you can use a PDF printer like Primo PDF to save the file as PDF.

#10 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:14 AM

If you use MS office 2007, you can download 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS from here:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=7,
this helps you save word files to PDF files, just click the Menu -> Save as -> PDF.
Another, if you want to save your word file as image, you can use the screenshot function that comes with your computer, just click window button and screen button, and then copy the file to the paint in accessories. Another srceenshot software is Snagit, it supports scrolling window for screen shot.

Hope this helps!

Office 2007 SP1 adds this functionality in Word itself, so this add-on is not required if you have installed Office 2007 SP1 or SP2.

#11 Guest_G4JC_*

Guest_G4JC_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:12 AM

If you want to use a solely online method, try ZamZar. I tested a doc to jpg conversion just now to confirm there were no errors: http://www.zamzar.com/ +1 for the power of webtools.

#12 wantei

wantei

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:20 AM

Try using Universal Document Converter. I use it for making PDF's but it can convert Word Documents to JPGs too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users