Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Font And Graphic Problems On Ie 6

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cchesak

cchesak

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 28 January 2006 - 12:40 PM

One day my IE opened and all the fonts were huge, many site graphics wouldn't load, and even background colors wouldn't come through. I've checked the text size and it is at normal, I've checked the accessiblity font checkboxes and they are not checked, and I've emptied (and also expanded) the temporary internet files folder. Still the problem persists and it's driving me batty. I'm living in an Internet world of large text and only some graphics, which often leads to a site's buttons' text overlapping on each other, making it nearly impossible to click on any of them. Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 28 January 2006 - 02:04 PM

Have you done any viruses / spyware scans lately (after the problem happened)?

#3 joelearl

joelearl

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2006 - 11:59 PM

This sounds like a problem I had. See http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...ndpost&p=232416 for a solution that worked for me.

#4 cchesak

cchesak
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2006 - 07:32 PM

Many thanks Joe. It's finally fixed!

You know, when this first happened I assumed it was a check box SOMEWHERE that Windows suddenly just decided to check (while any helpdesk person will snicker at this; I am absolutely, positively sure I never even when into the accessiblity options, much less clicked that check box). I searched, and searched, and then, finding nothing, just assumed that it must be something more technical. NOPE. It was just that one, stupid, freakin' button that (I swear) I never touched. [The button in question: accessiblity options/display/'Use High Contrast'.]

Regardless, even if I had, somehow, caused this, I'm just happy it's resolved. Many thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users