Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Local Print Spooler Stops

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jhartgro

Jhartgro

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:36 AM

I have a customer with a Win7 Pro 32-bit PC that has had a HP Deskjet D2660 on it for 1yr that has been printing. They got a virus and used Malwarebytes to remove it. Now, the printer shows up as needing troubleshooting and will not print. The local print spooler starts, runs about 20 sec. and stops. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer. Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LouisR47

LouisR47

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:05 PM

Hello,

I would try a system restore to a time before you had this malware infection.

#3 Jhartgro

Jhartgro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:09 AM

I tried this, but system restore had been turned off on this pc, so there are no previous restore points. Also, there was no rescue disc made when the pc was purchased, so I don't have that to fall back on either. I didn't provide them with the PC. It is in a car dealership and is used for manufacturer vehicle diagnostics with wireless tools. So, I was trying to resolve the print spooler issue without having to reinstall windows.

#4 LouisR47

LouisR47

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:00 PM

Delete the contents of the following folders

C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS

C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers

Unplug your printer restart the computer, then reinstall your printer and see if that works.

#5 Nimblewill

Nimblewill

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2011 - 04:07 PM

You might want to click the start button and enter Computer Management then click on Services. Scroll down to Print Spooler and be sure it is set to Started and Automatic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users