Only back up your important documents, personal data files, photos to a CD or DVD drive, not a flash drive or external hard drive as they may become compromised in the process. The safest practice is not to backup
any executable files (*.exe), screensavers (*.scr), autorun (.ini) or script files (.php, .asp, and .html) files because they may be infected by malware. Avoid backing up compressed files (.zip, .cab, .rar) that have executable files inside them as some types of malware can penetrate and infect .exe files within compressed files too. Other types of malware may even disguise itself by adding and hiding its extension to the existing extension of file(s) so be sure you look closely at the full file name. After reformatting, scan the backed up data with your anti-virus prior to
to copying it back to your hard drive.
One option is if you can connect it to another PC and scan it.
When you get a message that the system is shutting down, follow these steps to stop the cycle:
- Press the Windows Key + R keys on your keyboard or go to > Run..., and in the Open dialog box, type: cmd
- Click Ok or press Enter.
- At the command prompt C:\>, type: shutdown -a
- Press Enter.
users can refer to these instructions: How to Enable Run Command in Vista
- How to Run a command prompt as an Administrator
That should give you enough time to run Rkill and rescan immediately afterwards with Malwarebytes. Rkill terminates malware processes which target your security tools and keeps them from running or completing a scan.
RKill....Download and Run RKill
Do not reboot your computer after running rkill as the malware programs will start again. Or if rebooting is required run it again.
- Please download RKill by Grinler from one of the 4 links below and save it to your desktop.
- Before we begin, you should disable your anti-malware softwares you have installed so they do not interfere RKill running as some anti-malware softwares detect RKill as malicious. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how.
- Double-click on Rkill on your desktop to run it. (If you are using Windows Vista, please right-click on it and select Run As Administrator)
- A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed.
- If nothing happens or if the tool does not run, please let me know in your next reply
If you continue having problems running rkill.com, you can download iExplore.exe
which are renamed copies of rkill.com, and try them instead.