Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Applications unresponsive when headphones plugged in

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 butters1990

butters1990

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 PM

Posted 27 October 2011 - 04:59 AM

Whenever I plug in my headphones in the front port of my cabinet and listen to any music, my browser and most of my applications hang and my network chokes up. This happens only when I plug in my headphones into the front port and only when I start listening to some music. It does not happen while watching videos on Youtube, for instance, through my headphones. This also happened when I was using Windows XP.
Currently, my OS is Windows 7 32-bit and I'm using AIMP2 for listening to music.
Thank You.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:58 AM

Try uninstalling first AIMP2 then use free Free Winamp

Tekken

#3 butters1990

butters1990
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:59 AM

I haven't tried Winamp on Windows 7 but on Windows XP, even Winamp was giving the same problem. That was partly the reason why I switched to AIMP2.
And its not only for AIMP2 & Winamp but also for Windows Media Player 12, although listening to music with VLC doesn't seem to cause this problem.
The weird thing is after plugging in the headphones and switching on either of these applications to listen to music, the Internet works for about 5 mins and then suddenly dies down.
Is it something to do with the hardware?

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2011 - 12:00 PM

What type of music files you could be using? The last time I saved and read a thread about this kind of problem was almost 2 years ago. Must be saved on my other computer browser's favorites. Will let you know if its related to your problem. But if I can remember, its a driver or codec issue just not sure...

Tekken

#5 butters1990

butters1990
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:35 AM

Almost always use mp3 files and occasionally m4a files for audio.
Thanks for the reply and let me know if you find that thread.

#6 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:41 PM

Have you ruled out the headphones by using generic earphones first or playing on built-in speakers or external?

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users