Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

toshiba bios password recovery

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 al57

al57

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 PM

Posted 26 October 2011 - 11:12 AM

Hello bleeping computer people Hers my problem I have a toshiba laptop a105-s4324 with a bios password lockout. Everytime I try to boot the machine it goes to
enter password after three tries the laptop turns off any suggestions on getting the password ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 PM

Posted 26 October 2011 - 11:37 AM

Take a look at Chapter 5 of your user manual: http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/support/manuals/userguides/su1266386/Sat_A100A105_06Jan17.pdf

#3 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:51 PM

One of your local Toshiba service centers can clear the password for a fee for you once you provide proof of ownership. If you registered it on the Toshiba website that is considered proof.

Some other info: BIOS update for Satellite A100/A105, In very rare cases, the battery pack of your PC may stop accepting a charge, i.e., the battery stops working and no longer supplies power to the computer. To minimize the risk of ever experiencing this problem, we strongly recommend that you download and install the latest BIOS

Your model also suffers from: BIOS Password may automatically be set by the computer. Updating the BIOS to the latest version will prevent this from occurring.

In your case this is too late. Make sure whoever clears the bios also update to the latest bios.

Edited by rotor123, 26 October 2011 - 12:52 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users