Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 d0ug

d0ug

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:08 AM

I have received two e-mails saying that they are updating their data base and they need my e-mail address and password also and other e-mail address that I have and password. If I do not reply they will cancel my account. Has anyone else got this e-mail and is it valid.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:23 AM

Click for info WARNING: Windows Live Team Phishing Scam
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:08:33 PM

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:24 AM

No, it is not a valid email.

The key to determining whether it is a phishing attempt is the part where it asks you to provide your email address and password.

hotmail, msn mail, and other domains associated with Microsoft will never ask for this information via email. Neither will an ISP, your bank, credit card company, etc.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 26 October 2011 - 09:30 AM.

#4 d0ug

d0ug
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 26 October 2011 - 11:46 AM

Thanks for the information and the web site

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:41 PM

Your welcome from all of us :thumbup2:
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users