Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Black Screen Of Death

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MrClose

MrClose

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:20 AM

I can boot to any user account and ALL of them 'except' the main or administrator account works!

I get a completely Black screen with only the cursor showing.

I get a pop up saying "Windows Explorer Has Stopped Working And Will Close Now" message and .. that's it .. just a black screen?

I CAN and have started the Task Manager but I have tried every 'New Task' option that I can think of and either the task manager freezes or nothing at all happens!

I Think that a system32 may also be a problem but .. I just don't know!?

As I said, the other two user accounts work with no problems but they're usless for anything other than web surfing because they are restricted to being 'regular user' accounts!

I can't download and install programs or run advanced options with them.

I am down to two options and I'm not sure which one to use?

I have the Vista64 recovery disks (4 of them) that I made from the computer when I first got it and I have the "Operating System Disc" that came with the computer?

That one says "Windows Vista Home Premium 64-Bit/32 with SP1" on it.

My question is .. What is the difference between the 4 recovery disks and the Operating System disc and Which one would you recommend that I use?

Thank You Everyone

MC

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 PM

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:29 AM

Simply put the System Recovery disks, will restore your computer to the way it was right before you created the restore disk. Programs, settings etc...

While the Vista HP OS Disc is primarily intended for the installation/repair of the Windows Operating System.
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users