Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow computer restarts at random times

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 charles ruff

charles ruff

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:53 PM

I used this forum a few years ago for another problem an the guy that helped me was amazingly helpful.

My computer is relatively new. It's a little over a year old Dell Vostro with Windows 7. Lately it's gotten extremely slow, restarts randomly and basically doesn't act the way it should. I've done the virus scan (I have Trend Micro). Everything looks alright but the computer is still a bit of a mess. Any advice/ideas?

Thank you so much for your help. Your time and efforts are greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 a_cup

a_cup

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:26 PM

Hi charles ruff..

Check event viewer and see what errors you are getting

How To Use the Event Viewer Applet
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic40108.html

You may also have malware/virus that is causing the slowdown and reboots...I would recommend posting in the malware forum here and having it checked.

Pauline

#3 glenndrew

glenndrew

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:59 AM

Hello,
i got a lot of help from here. i also faced this problem many times but i fixed it. i also got some help from this article http://ezinearticles.com/?Computer-Randomly-Restarts!-How-to-Fix-a-Computer-That-Restarts-Randomly&id=4247551 hope it works for you also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users