Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wireless keyboard & mouse wont work

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 firsttaff

firsttaff

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:58 PM

hello
I have recently build a new system , windows 7 ultimate x64 and purchased a microsoft natural ergonomic desktop 7000 keyboard and mouse to use with it , I started it up yesterday for the first time , installed windows useing a wired key/mouse , upon completion shut down and restarted with the USB reciver in place , both worked fine , I then shut down and moved the PC into my office where it was to be used , fired it up , didn't work , tried instaling the drivers no joy , reseting , change batteries , no luck (strange thing though when i install the batteries the battery light glows for a few seconds then fades out , that is on both the mouse and keyboard )I then did a reinstall of windows 7 downloaded & installed the latest x64 drivers but nothing , I have tried it on my other PC (WINDOWS XP SP3) Nothing , i also took the pc back to the other room thinking there may have been interferance from the router etc , but the same nothing .
any ideas please ??
regards
Bryan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LouisR47

LouisR47

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 AM

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:34 PM

Hello,

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps Here

So no other software was installed after the installation?

Is it showing up in device manager?

#3 firsttaff

firsttaff
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2011 - 03:12 PM

Hi
thank you for your reply
I am unable to find the troubleshooting guide you refer to ?
and no the keyboard and mouse are not in the device manager, not is the USB reciver visable
Thank you
Bryan

#4 LouisR47

LouisR47

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2011 - 03:53 PM

Sorry about that I attached the guide.

Attached Files

#5 LouisR47

LouisR47

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2011 - 03:55 PM

Are you using Brand New batteries?

#6 firsttaff

firsttaff
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:51 AM

Hi
thanks for the guide , still no go I'm affraid
new batteries ,yes i have tried several sets , same thing happens on both the mouse and keyboard , green battery light comes on , then fades out after about ten seconds
thanks for you help it's appriciated
Bry

#7 LouisR47

LouisR47

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:03 AM

If it's not to much trouble I would take it back and have them swap it out. When you get it home, if it still doesn't work then there may be another problem. When you go to the store just let them know that you have tried all steps in the troubleshooting guide provided by Microsoft.

Edited by LouisR47, 27 October 2011 - 11:03 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users