Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Exremely Slow Computer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jena054

Jena054

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 PM

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:28 PM

My computer has been moving slower than a snail for quite a while now and I have no idea why. I routinely clean and check it weekly. Malwarebytes and my Avast have found nothing in either regular mode or safe mode but the computer still runs extremely slow. Typing this now is actually taking forever, I type about 4 words before they appear. I clean cookies, temp files, etc and defrag and disk clean quite often and nothing seems to help. I've deleted all accounts and removed pictures, music, movies, etc from it when I received a new lap top, hoping that with less things on it, it would run better. But nothing seems to work. Any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 AM

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:43 PM

Please perform the following, so that we can get the exact specs of your computer. This will better assist us in helping you more.

Publish a Snapshot using Speccy

The below is for those who cannot get online

Please take caution when attaching a text file to your post if you cannot copy/paste the link to your post, you will need to edit it to make sure that your Windows Key is not present.

#3 Jena054

Jena054
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 PM

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:44 AM

Thank you, here it is:

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/DNnHVJTKpGwfPatywefqEAt

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 AM

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:17 AM

You need to upgrade your system RAM to at least 1Gig of RAM and that will speed up your computer quite a bit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users